Freesat signal drops, alot

vokeyuk

Now since the high winds we had in Scotland last week, my freesat box (Samsung st7800 freesat hd) will hold a signal (bout 70-90% strength) for a time, then drop it to zero, then come back, sometimes quickly - sometimes not so.

Now I figure the dish has been moved due to the wind as there has seems to be no apparent damage to the cable, and the connections inside seem fine. I wanted to know if there is anything other than the std visual checks I have done so far that I could do, and if as I assume nothing needs done, can someone let me know how I can readjust the dish/lnb. I have no idea which way to turn or adjust it and would hate to make it worse.

Cheers all

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

Lol was just reading that section, thanks looks relatively simple[/QUOTE]

Don't go mad make tiny tiny adhustments and give the tuner time to respond. Go for maximum quality. A fraction of a degree moves the focus point miles when the satellites are more than 22,000 mls away :D

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
don't touch the dish face... only move it by the bracket at the back regardless of any demos showing someone getting hold of the dish-

what dish is it btw

JIMMYBO

Novice Member
From the latest weather forecast updates, I'd give it another week or so before trying any dish adjustments :rolleyes:

atm it looks like you (and many others) might not have a dish left in place to adjust after Friday 16th Dec :eek:

Last edited:

vokeyuk

don't touch the dish face... only move it by the bracket at the back regardless of any demos showing someone getting hold of the dish-

what dish is it btw

not sure its a four yr old sky dish, will have a look at the name when i am up there

vokeyuk

From the latest weather forecast updates, I'd give it another week or so before trying any dish adjustments :rolleyes:

atm it looks like you (and many others) might not have a dish left in place to adjust after Friday 16th Dec :eek:

thanks for that, just noticed that on the bbc this morning - maybe the wind will put it back :)

vokeyuk

right, my ladder aint big enough to reach, miscalculated there, so thought i would phone a couple of local engineers - of the three two said it would unlikely be the dish moving (as the signal drops and comes back) but likely to be a new dish and a new LNB (min price 95), the third said the same but was more realistic in pricing terms - 45 for a signal lnb and 65 supplied fit and guaranteed for the quad. before i move ahead, does that seem fair given your knowledge and expertise

logiciel

There should be hardly any difference between the prices for a single and a quad LNB, and the latter is standard anyway.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
right, my ladder aint big enough to reach, miscalculated there,...

to anyone really .... careful about the winds .. I'm on a roof today & as I came down about 70-80mph gusts came from zero in seconds.....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom