Freesat & Pairing cards to boxes

HDPete

I have just had SkyHD installed which used my previous digibox viewing card. That is now paired to the box and all is fine.

But, when I booked the installation, the numpty on the phone agreed that I could retain my digibox on freesat and I assumed that they would send a card.

They didn't. I called the Freesat people who would only send me a card for £20. [Mod Comment. Please observe the forum rules relating to bad language. JayCee]

I found an old card which the customer services confirmed is a 'P1' card and would provide Freesat and so wouldn't need to pay £20, just use that card to get both freeview and freesat channels.

Only problem is that card is configured for BBC Scotland not BBC South. Is it possible to get the region allocation changed and does it need pairing to the box, or should it just 'work'.

If anyone has any feedback and which number to call (I got rather fed up trying most of the numbers this morning with up to 29mins on hold!), that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

It is impossible to get regions changed on non subscription (or even ex subscription) cards. The region is set according to the post code (and this is determined by the broadcasters not Sky) that card was initially sent to. Sky will change regions on subscription cards if you move house but will not touch others.

The card sets the regions on channels 101 to 105 on UK cards (4 and 5 are usually advertising only). The other BBC and one other ITV region are in the EPG from 971 upwards and you can add other ITV regions to "other channels" but they will not appear on your planner/EPG.

If the other card came from someone else it is technically stolen property as under the terms and conditions of issue they remain the property of the issuer and are not transferable. Your only choice for correct setup is to purchase (really rent as they never become your property) a new one.

SamRadford

And this post needs to be moved.
"Read First: No Sky-related Threads in here ...".

And this post needs to be moved.
"Read First: No Sky-related Threads in here ...".

Is Freesat really considered as Sky related on this forum?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom