• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freesat on existing dish (multi room)

Tiger431

Standard Member
Hi all,

Hope someone can assist? We're moving into a house that currently has Sky installed. The owners inform me that they will obviously be talikng the box but will leave the dish which is wired for the living room and all bed rooms.

Is there any easy way for me to install freesat using the dish and wiring that's left or would it need multi boxes for bedrooms. At present we have freeview on our TV's but would need to sort the ariel issues.

Many thanks in advance.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi all,

Hope someone can assist? We're moving into a house that currently has Sky installed. The owners inform me that they will obviously be talikng the box but will leave the dish which is wired for the living room and all bed rooms.

Is there any easy way for me to install freesat using the dish and wiring that's left or would it need multi boxes for bedrooms. At present we have freeview on our TV's but would need to sort the ariel issues.

Many thanks in advance.

Freesat and Sky use the same channels so a freesat box will connect straight to a lnb connection. Single tuner boxes require 1 cable and pvrs need 2 for full capability. You will need seperate boxes unless you want to transmit the channel you are watching on a single box around the house

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom