freesat no signal

barlea

Novice Member
Hi
hope someone can help, iv moved into a new home with no terestrial aerial, it does have a fairly modern skydish with a shotgun cable running into where my tv is, i bought a manhattan freesat box , when i tuned in i got over 150 channels but no signal when trying to watch? how can it find channels but cant view them?
thanks

logiciel

Is it a Q dish?

Fred Smith

From the Manhattan website:

"Please note that some satellite dishes that have been set up to receive Sky Q feature an incompatible Wideband LNB (the part that sticks out from the satellite dish), so if you are switching from Sky Q you may need a satellite installation company to change the LNB on your dish back to a Standard or Hybrid fitting in order to make it compatible with Freesat."

Also see Owners Manual Page 11 and numerous similar posts.

logiciel

It’s likely to be a Q dish with a Q LNB then. That won’t work with a Manhattan receiver so you’ll need to change either LNB or receiver.

logiciel

It would. Good luck fixing it!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

dmpoole

and just remember you may be lucky when you change the LNB and everything still lines up but also expect that you may need to move your dish to get the best signal.

logiciel

I thought Screwfix would have the right size, but stand corrected.
In that case get one somewhere else!

JonMace

Nope - Screwfix lnb's have a 40mm collar. Sky ones are slightly smaller. at 37 mm

Loads on e-bay

states supplied with a sky compatible bracket

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

states supplied with a sky compatible bracket

They must have changed their source. Last time I looked they only sold 40mm lnbs suitable for round dishes.

I had to buy one from e-bay

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom