• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

freesat+ Media Streaming

djdaface

Standard Member
Is there anything out there that have freesat+ for pausing live tv and hd freesat capability but also would stream or store hd movies from my computer + play it all in 1080p standards?

Not too much to ask is it :D

Fe_man2000

Prominent Member
I would say not likely, as Freesat/freeview is purely a UK based thing and media streamers are not and hence not made for the UK market specifically.

talas

Banned
Well i could say something but...Wait till next week,i might have Something to show Here or Maybe Somewhere Brand new.Keep an Eye Out. ;)

Uridium

Distinguished Member
PS3 with PlayTV does freeview but not freesat as yet.

Doesn't support MKV as yet so files need a quick remux and container change or Transcode on the Fly with PS3 Media Server.

ruru

Established Member
This is perfectly possible and it is how I have replaced the Apple TV units we had used up until Christmas.

TThough but before we get started WiFi cannot be used due to the bandwidth requirements of Freesat HD and 1080p content.

Using MythTV + DVB-S card as the backend server, picking the right card is crucial BTW. around £50 ea

Then use the XBMC Live installed on a Acer Revo Nettop as the streamer.

Acer Revo £148 + £10 for Cyberlink remote control.

XBMC has a little known feature of allowing direct connection to both the recorded programs and the live TV :eek::eek::eek:

The MythTV host could be used as a frontend as well but I doubt 1080p is possible within the MythTV frontend.

R

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom