Freesat magic eye main tv always on

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Jonawal, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jonawal

Jonawal
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - can someone help please - I have a just installed a humax hdr1000s in my lounge and set up x2 magic eye links to 2 bedrooms using a tri link modulator and f120 2 way distribution amplifier - the link and picture works fine but really annoyingly the tv in the lounge (an LG tv) switches on whenever you watch tv in the 2 bedrooms - any advice please - I want to be able to sit in my lounge without the tv on while the kids are upstairs watching tv via the magic eye - hope that makes sense. Cant see why the tv in the lounge needs to be on - thanks

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Turn off the TV's CEC control... LG call it Simplink.

The hdmi connection wakes up the TV when the PVR turns on. Can be a useful feature. Or not. Should be easy enough to find in the TV's menu system. If all else fails :rtfm:

3. Jonawal

Jonawal
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Rodders - I tunred Simplink off but the problem still persisted when the humax was connected by hdmi - however, I then changed it to be connected by scart with simplink switched off and the tv no longer turns on - no reduction in picture quality from hdmi to scart as far as my eyes can see so happy ! many thanks

4. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Then you need to visit Specsavers --- or sit closer to the TV. ;)

Scart is at best 576i (or 576p if the box supports it) and may be RGB (best) or composite PAL... hdmi will be 1080i/p (assuming you've not set the v-format to output SD pictures) and should appear much more detailed - if close enough to the screen. (Approx 4x the pixels in the picture cf scart).

Odd that scart control is disabled... scart has the same feature that needs a wire cutting or special cable usually.

PS There may also be a "hdmi control" or CEC feature on the Humax to turn off? or there's something LG-special that is causing it...
    Someone with LG expertise may be along shortly? (with any luck).

5. Jonawal

Jonawal
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: