Freesat launches, ITV to join BBC with HD channel

Tech News

Reaction score
The UK broadcast landscape changes again today with the official unveiling of Freesat, the BBC/ITV joint venture that aims to bring redefine standard and high definition TV services. Unlike Sky, once installed Freesat viewers will have unlimited access to around 80 free-to-air channels. This number is expected to double by the end of the year.From [...]
More...

This is all very good news for someone. I ask myself who, because the news of Freesat has not been advertised very well, it certainly passed me by and I am signed up for updates from the Freesat website. :rolleyes:

Extra confusion given Sky have had their FTA satellite service (also called Freesat) running for a couple of years now.

I am interested in this service, and i have found a few stb's for it but nothing with anything like sky+ functionality, does anyone know if they exist yet or are coming in the near future?

I am interested in this service, and i have found a few stb's for it but nothing with anything like sky+ functionality, does anyone know if they exist yet or are coming in the near future?

There will be freesat pvr by the summer

Hi Chaps

does anyone know if i can simply unplug my sky cable from my sky box and plug it into the freesat one! or is that just wishing to much!

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom