• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Freesat input from Sky+ box

jpdsam

Hi, apologies if this is answered elsewhere - I did have a search but couldn't see it. Sorry also if it seems a stupid question!

If I had a tv with built in freesat, could I take the satellite signal from my sky+ box without losing the two inputs to the sky box. I suppose what I mean is is there an output on the sky+ box to "forward" the sat signal on? So that I still have fully functioning sky+ and also freesat through the tv. Or is the only way to run another cable from the dish.

I have a quad lnb so a third cable is not the end of the world, but if I could go from the sky+ box it would be so much easier! I believe there is an output on the box that can be used to link to another tv - could I use this?

Thank you.

Last edited:

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
No way, you will need a third cable for full use of both the TV and Sky+.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom