Freesat HDR Box Low Quality Signal

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Hi.

I have a Freesat HDR installed & has been working fine until this spring/summer. We have trees at the back of our home, which I have trimmed back for the dish. However the picture quality is still poor, i.e breaking up (Humax box - Signal strength 80% Picture quality between 20-40% drops in & out). There are trees which are about 50-60 away, would these still effect the quality?

Any suggestions on what to do would be gratefully received.

Thx

Keith

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi.

I have a Freesat HDR installed & has been working fine until this spring/summer. We have trees at the back of our home, which I have trimmed back for the dish. However the picture quality is still poor, i.e breaking up (Humax box - Signal strength 80% Picture quality between 20-40% drops in & out). There are trees which are about 50-60 away, would these still effect the quality?

Any suggestions on what to do would be gratefully received.

Thx

Keith

This site has a line of sight obstacle checker indicating how tall an object has to be at a given distance to interfere with the signal. Only thing you can do is to find a position (if you have one) to clear the obstacle

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
As a rough guide obstacles have to be roughly 2 feet away from an obstacle for every foot higher than the dish the obstacle is. So if those trees are 50 feet away than dish has to be less than 25 feet below the top of them to ensure clear line of sight. However it is best to add a good bit to that as water evaporation from the trees leaves rising above the tree will also lower the signal particularly on warm humid or rainy days.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G3 MLA OLED Evo Best Picture Settings - works for ALL 2023 LG OLEDs
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom