Freesat HDR and Panasonic TX-L42E6B

aimdev

Novice Member
Reaction score
My trusty Humax foxsat HDR receiver looks like it is on the way out, loosing settings and rebooting for no apparent reason.
I am looking at the freesat box with hdr, but I am rather confused as if it will work with my existing Panasonic TX-L42E6B, which has three hdmi sockets
but it is now discontinued. It seem too intimate only the Freesat only provides HDMI 2, however I cannot find out if the tv is compatible, the specs are rather confusing.
I also have a Humax terrestrial stb and a phillips blu-ray player both work ok.

Please can some one advise me on this conundrum.

Thanks

Aimee

The -HDR can likely be fixed. It's possibly just a failing Hard Disk Drive. Plenty of advice on the internet about how to etc.,. on this and the two others: hummy.tv and myhumax.org

The freesat 4k PVR (made for freesat by Arris) has its own foibles... but it will work fine with any TV (including yours) -- no need for 4k capability or High Dynamic Range capability either. T

he box should auto negotiate to output 1080p and SDR (HDR off) via the hdmi connection 'handshake' process. The apps on it will also limit down to that maximum your TV can handle.

Just bear in mind that the Arris box is a pile of bolts. There are still issues with the firmware, that have remained unfixed for many months. Far better to get the HDR repaired. An HDD swap is straightforward. Anything more, and it might be worth talking to Humax. Refurbed HDR-1100S boxes are still out there.

My trusty Humax foxsat HDR receiver looks like it is on the way out, loosing settings and rebooting for no apparent reason.
I am looking at the freesat box with hdr, but I am rather confused as if it will work with my existing Panasonic TX-L42E6B, which has three hdmi sockets
but it is now discontinued. It seem too intimate only the Freesat only provides HDMI 2, however I cannot find out if the tv is compatible, the specs are rather confusing.
I also have a Humax terrestrial stb and a phillips blu-ray player both work ok.

Please can some one advise me on this conundrum.

Thanks

Aimee
Thanks for the responses.
Re the humax sat rx replacement with another humax box.
I bought the foxsat and was impressed with the user interface, then when I moved to the UK I purchased a humax terrestrial as a backup, big mistake, difficult interface and the remote characters on the button wore off very quickly. I am going to check the disk out, if it fails then
based on comments about the current freesat receiver probably change it, having checked the capacitors and the voltages first.

If you are running the Custom Firmware then there are tools for checking/repairing the hard disk drive on the Foxsat-HDR.

If you have recordings you want to keep/watch on the disk that's possible with old drive put into a USB caddy and plugged into the -HDR.

Beware connecting the drive to a PC/Laptop to check it as it has a Linux format - i.e. ext3.

NB Foxsat only formats up to 1TB and you will likely need a jumper/handbag link to set the new drive speed to suit the -HDR. 1TB is plenty in my experience and the media list slows down as it fills up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom