Freesat HD/Sky HD

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I've asked this same question in the Fresat forum, just wanting to get an opinion in here. My parents and I have each pre ordered a Panasonic TX-P50V10B which has built in Freesat. I have a guy coming out tomorrow to replace all the aerial cables and satelite cables. I'm wondering is it worthwhile having a Octo LNB fitted rather than a quad LNB so that we can have both Freesat and Sky or is it just best to only have Sky?

Baz

DaveNE11

Standard Member
To be honest I bought a TX-P42G10B and considered putting in another cable to my quad LNB (only 2 used for Sky HD), but to be honest when the TV has built in Freeview (DVB) already, and having Sky HD I haven't seen the need to have Freesat as well. The built in Freeview picture quality is pretty good too.

Starburst

Novice Member
Hi

I've asked this same question in the Fresat forum, just wanting to get an opinion in here. My parents and I have each pre ordered a Panasonic TX-P50V10B which has built in Freesat. I have a guy coming out tomorrow to replace all the aerial cables and satelite cables. I'm wondering is it worthwhile having a Octo LNB fitted rather than a quad LNB so that we can have both Freesat and Sky or is it just best to only have Sky?

Baz

For a few quid ontop of the already impressive investment to future proof I would say it's definitely worth it, you could lose the SKY+HD box due to failure or whatever and hey you still have a HD source for both displays.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom