Freesat HD & Sky HD Piggyback

kenedin

I notice that the Grundig HD & Goodmans HD boxes have LNB In & Out. I've been told that this is to enable a possible 'piggyback' onto a Sky HD ( or similar ) digibox. I'm not really up for running another cable from the dish, because I'm only interested in receiving ITV HD ( mainly because of the forthcoming FA Cup football ) and I'm just wondering if anyone has done this successfully. ITV's live football pq on Sky Channel 103 SD for me is utterly appalling, and barely watchable:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I have the full Sky HD setup already. ( Thomson HD digibox ).

Last edited:

Fred Smith

A search on this and other forums would have revealed the LNB out does not work or work correctly on Alba group (Bush, Goodmans or Grundig) Freesat boxes.

As the LNB you are using probably has two spare outputs, I would suggest you use one of those despite your reservations.

Ben

The alternative is a switch, meaning you can watch one or the other. See either the SPS1 Smart Priority Switch or 38013 A/B Manual Switch here :)

kenedin

Thanks for that. I couldn't find a thread here, and I got no reply on DS, hence my post here. I'll either go for the switch ( good advice on Satcure ), or see how much to run another cable..:).

Last edited:

Fred Smith

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom