Freesat HD Box

pepsimaxman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

My freesat hd box has recently decided not to work, the code on the sticker underneath the box says (RoHS Foxsat-HD/GB 6003809) all the display on the box shows is a row of dashes in a rectangle around the display,

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

My freesat hd box has recently decided not to lockup, the code on the sticker underneath the box says RoHS Foxsat-HD/GB 6003809, all the display on the box shows is a row of dashes in a rectangle around the display,

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Hi Folks,

My freesat hd box has recently decided not to lockup, the code on the sticker underneath the box says RoHS Foxsat-HD/GB 6003809, all the display on the box shows is a row of dashes in a rectangle around the display,

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Phone Humax - This is a symptom of defective capacitor(s).

Thank you for your reply,

My Box is out of warranty, are they specific capacitors or could I replace the faulty capacitors myself?,

Thanks,

Lee

Thank you for your reply,

My Box is out of warranty, are they specific capacitors or could I replace the faulty capacitors myself?,

Thanks,

Lee

Contact your RETAILER, not Humax and explain that this problem is known to be associated with faulty capacitors in this model which means there is a manufacturing fault. Under the Sale of Goods Acts (in England), it is therefore "unfit for purpose" and should be repaired up to five years after purchase. The staff will probably refuse to help but the position on "out of warranty" but inherent faults is explained in the current Which? magazine. Any problems, refer to your local Trading Standards.

The actual components are a couple of quid at most and the instructions to replace them are available on dedicate Humax forums. Still, I think the more people who make a fuss, the more amenable that Humax will be to others with this problem in future.

I notice the Five's The Gadget Show has just done a segment on your consumer rights and have a section giving fuller information on their web site.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom