• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freesat EPG Missing Series Links

Geoff_W

Just a heads up...

I have noticed that several series linked programmes have failed to move on over the weekend (Call The Midwife, Baptiste etc.). On inspecting the epg I note that next week's episodes are not series linked as they should be. This has happened before and they are normally corrected before it becomes a problem, but I will be keeping a close eye on them.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Also mentioned on a DigitalSpy Broadcasting thread.
As you say it usually gets corrected, but no harm in telling the BBC if you are that way inclined.

Geoff_W

Last weekend the series links on BBC ONE (SD & HD) all failed to move on. All the affected programmes did not have a series link symbol in the EPG. This was corrected yesterday (Wednesday) but not before two programmes failed to record due to a lack of series data (Shakespeare & Hathaway and Pointless). This is getting to be beyond a joke - does no one at the BBC check the data being passed to Freesat?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Already reported (by me) and widely reported. The latest screw up by the BBC is that lots of BBC1-HD programmes are being dual recorded on BBC1-HD and BBC-1-HD Scotland tying up two tuners and creating failed recordings due to lack of tuners. The Shakespeare and Hathaway issue affected both Freeview and Freesat. Iplayer was required to view the 2-4 minutes of missing content at the beginning. Only fix for terrestrial viewers is a manual recording reservation.

Examples

Daytime Bargain Hunt, and Wanted Down Under-Revisited and Escape To The Country. Also seen a report of the same with dual recordings of Sports content.

The problem is down to the BBC using the same series CRID for BBC1-HD England and BBC1-HD Scotland.

There is two workarounds if using a G2 Humax Freesat PVR.

Set a manual recording

Delete BBC1-Scotland-HD from your epg.

Last edited:

Ensor

This is getting to be beyond a joke - does no one at the BBC check the data being passed to Freesat?
Same issue on Freeview the past few weeks as it happens, it gets fixed in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
That's what they said last week (but Thursday)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom