Freesat: DVB-S2 C4HD and Cbeebies

Woggle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card using Freesat on Windows Media Center. I've installed the DVB-S2 patch which has added the BBC HD channels. I've also run gimmeITVHD which has added that but despite running the following I don't seem to be picking up C4HD:

Carrier Frequency 12607MHz
Symbol Rate = 27500 kSymbols/s
Polarity = Vertical

I'm also getting no reception on Cbeebies either. Not tested every single channel but these are the two I'd like to get sorted.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Astra 1N 11127.00 V 44 UK DVB-S2 8PSK 22000 2/3 42.6 Mbps NID:2 TID:2068 Channel 4 HD
The other one is on during the day and changes to BBC3 or 4 after 7pm.

Thanks. Managed to get C4HD working in the end....although the picture quality is poor....not sure why that might be.

I'll have a look at Cbeebies this morning.

That's OK, and with digital TV you should get either a good picture or nothing at all, especially with the new strong Astra 1N.

So I've managed to get Cbeebies - turns out I needed to tune in one of the transponder channels.

So, got everything I need but still a couple of issues I wonder if anyone can help out with:

1. The following channels aren't pulling in any guide data:

ITV1 HD
Cbeebies
BBC News

2. The following channels are only pulling in guide data for the next two programmes:

BBC One HD
Channel 4 HD
ITV2
ITV4
S4/C
CITV
Sky News
the Jazz

*Bear in mind I've not activated every single channel

3. I'm still getting problems with C4 HD - I get a picture but it's pretty crackly - all other HD channels work fine.

Any thoughts much appreciated - is there another way to download guide data without using Windows Media Center?

Many thanks

Hi

Re guide data. Freesat typically gets now and next information only. Mce isn't brilliant with epg data. To get full listings you need to look into something like epg collector, big screen epg etc.

Getting full freesat epg guide data into mce can be a bit of a minefield though to be honest.

Hi

Re guide data. Freesat typically gets now and next information only. Mce isn't brilliant with epg data. To get full listings you need to look into something like epg collector, big screen epg etc.

Getting full freesat epg guide data into mce can be a bit of a minefield though to be honest.

I have no problems with any media center Guide data on the channels listed above.

Hi

I know exactly your issue. I'm also using mce win7 and have the same issues.

Have a look at 'guidetool' or 'big screen epg' this should help you out.

I've also noticed with dvbs2 broadcasts having any dvbs or dvbt cards in my pc would not find some hd content.

I disabled my drivers for all other cards apart from dvbs2 and the extra channels I found no problem. I think also I had some more listed! Quite impressed!

You get full 14 day OTA EPG for Freesat with no 3rd party software?

I can't say if there is data for every single channel on freesat, but certainly all the main ones are there, plus lots of channels not on the freesat EPG.

This is Microsoft's Guide data downloaded via the Internet, and not the official freesat EPG. The Guide actually contains more information than freesat, especially for movies.

No, the Windows Media Center Guide is up to 14 days.

That's not the Freesat epg, presumably it's an internet delivered epg.

Yes, I clearly said that earlier. It's Microsoft's Guide data via the Internet.

Now getting confused.

I replied to a post (not by you)

You get full 14 day OTA EPG for Freesat with no 3rd party software?

I replied the freesat OTA epg is 8 days which it is. The Media Centre epg is not OTA. Everything after is simply not relevant to the first post :confused:

Now getting confused.

I replied to a post (not by you)

I replied the freesat OTA epg is 8 days which it is. The Media Centre epg is not OTA. Everything after is simply not relevant to the first post :confused:
Post #9, cdrider asks me a question

Post #10, I answer it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom