Freesat dish alignment and fine-tuning with V8 digital meter

TimboZero

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good Morning AVF,
New member TimboZero here, after some wisdom.

As my profile shows, I am not exactly in the main catchment area for FreeSat but I watch it regularly with the kit I brought here from the UK.
After storms, I occasionally needed to realign my dish and a couple of years ago bought a GT Media V8 digital finder to assist me.
These meters have a wide array of channels to select to tune into the signal and this leads me to the first question...
1) which channel or frequency is generally considered the best for the final tuning of the dish position? (I have until now used 10847)
The second question relates to the actual positioning method. The dish elevation and LNB azimuth I can do with some ease but the direction is always tricky due to the clamp and my ham-fisted DIY skills. The mount is two pipe u-clamps onto (what i am sure is an alloy) tubular wall bracket. Deformation of the tube and the situation of either being unable to move the dish at all or it moving a considerable amount rather suddenly, combined with the dish moving even with tightening the clamps evenly on each side makes things tricky. I have obviously managed with these issues until now but whilst here I thought I'd ask...
2) are there any tricks of the trade to making directional (i am fine with elevation and skew) changes to dish mounted in this fashion?
Many thanks for taking the time to read my questions and for any advice you can offer.
Best wishes TZ

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom