freesat channels missing

dino89

Standard Member
got a labgear dvb freesat setup tonight tuned it all in on astra, but not getting channel 4, music channels or hd channels think it must be to do with the tuning in, there are two astra sattelites to choose from and a list of transponders any help please

also i should say i have a lot of scrambled channels and itvs and bbc`s appear over and over lots of different regions hope this makes sense i thought it would be like freeview where its all so simple! LOL

i have gone and tried tuneing again chose astra 1e 3a 23.5 nit off and chose install all channels but still dont seem to have all freesat chans cant find chan 4 flava or hd tv channels and sure a lot more are missing!

Last edited:

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
As it is NOT a freesat receiver you will NOT get a nicely sorted channel list or 7 day EPG. You will have to edit and sort the channel lists yourself as it has no postcode option to do it for you. There is possibly a channel installation option to select FTA only channels which would eliminate all the scrambled channels. You will probably also have to manually edit and add to the transponder list stored in the box unless it has a "blind" or "power" scan option in the channel search functions. You will not get Channel 4HD or the forthcoming Five HD with this box. The box will also not automatically add new channels and will require a retune whenever new channels are launched.

Here is the full list of channels you will need to edit the transponder list.
Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat

dino89

Standard Member
what do i ihave to do when you say edit the transponder list i got the list printed out but not sure what to do

still dont see the hd bbc and itv !is this part of the editing ?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
BBC-HD is on 10847 V, ITV1-HD London is on 10832 H, ITV1- Granada (And STV-HD test transmission) is on 10936 V. All are on Astra 2D

dino89

Standard Member
thanks for that so how do i get these on my labgear will this store as bbc hd etc tried manually scanning the transonders and it finds them but doesnt add them to my list

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
thanks for that so how do i get these on my labgear will this store as bbc hd etc tried manually scanning the transonders and it finds them but doesnt add them to my list

Not familiar with your box but you usually have to save the results of a scan before they appear in your channel list. STV HD does not yet have a channel name it's just a number. On most boxes you can edit the channel name to whatever you fancy

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom