Freesat Channel list for Samsung UE40ES6710?

wimbledonpaul

Standard Member
Would anyone out there happen to have a samsung UE40ES67100 UK version with Freesat?
I would like to try to import the channel list file into my set as I dont have the freesat Firmware.

Im hoping I can import the channel_list file (channel_list_UE40ES6710_1201.scm) into my set and get the correct channel mappings.. When I use auto-discovery I get a mess, and would like to have the freesat numbering scheme.

Thanks in advance.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve here. The Freesat epg is a subset of the free to air channels available at 28.2/28.5E for those broadcasters that pay to be on the epg. The actual broadcasts do not have a logical channel number (lcn). Sky and Freesat do not have different sources for the same channels.

This information comes from the epg (Sky or Freesat). Without the freesat firmware that will give you access to the epg there is no way auto map the fta channels to freesat lcns.

In any case the mapping of the SID (service ID) to the logical channel number you see on the box is not fixed, both Sky and Freesat change these according to where you live (or say you do for a freesat box).

For a Sky box this is allocated by the viewing card with a fall back if you do not have one, for Freesat kit you can specify where you live by simply specifying a post UK post code.

For a fta box you can normally specify whatever channel number you want for any free to air service you can receive but (afaik) normally starting from lcn that is not within the Sky or Freesat lcn's.

If it's any help this is the current freesat allocations for a freesat box (requires editing for your location)

Download the .htm option and open in your browser.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1698F958AF9ACDA4&id=1698F958AF9ACDA4!105

logiciel

If it is a Freesat TV it has the FS channels already.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
If it is a Freesat TV it has the FS channels already.

If you read the op's post, the set he has is presumably a non uk version of the UK model he posted. Clearly the set doesn't have freesat, but has a generic satellite tuner.

That is presumably why the channel database can be imported. He imagines there is some way to export the freesat channel data from a freesat tv.

logiciel

I read it, most carefully!
He says it's UK version with Freesat.
You presume that it's not.
So did I, hence my use of the word "if".

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Logi. He asked if there was anyone out there with "a samsung UE40ES67100 UK version with Freesat?". He did not say he had one. In fact he said "... as I dont have the freesat Firmware" so presumably he has a non UK one. And that is an assumption from me based on the info given by the OP.

logiciel

There's a lot of assumption going on around here, but there's no disagreement - he probably has a Spanish TV which can't be changed to a FS one.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
There's a lot of assumption going on around here, but there's no disagreement - he probably has a Spanish TV which can't be changed to a FS one.

A tad confused. If the OP had a TV with a freesat tuner why would they post the question in the first place ?

The fact that the TV has the capability to import a external channel database must mean it has a generic fta tuner. (No freesat box has this capability, why would they ? )

The entire point of Freesat (and Sky), is the changes to the channel line up and transponders they are carried on is entirely transparent to the user.

Sorry logi, you misread the OP's post, suggest you stop digging the hole :)

Last edited:

logiciel

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
He probably doesn't want to change it to a FS one as he is merely asking for a channel list with the FS numbering to put into his TV - something that can be done with many generic satellite tuners.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Wouldn't it be great if the OP would come back and enlightened us on the questions posed?

logiciel

!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom