Freesat card what do I need

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Hi all, I am new to PC building and I have got rid of Sky and was thinking of getting a Humax but then I came across this:
TBS Dual DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI Express Card HD (DVB-S2/DVB-S) Receiver

My system will be
Coolermaster 330 case
620w PSU
Asus P8P67 mobo(I have learnt the names lol)
ATI xfx radeon HD 5750 GPU
Samsung EcoGreen HD103SI 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 5400RPM – OEM
8 gig ram

My question is, I haven't got a cpu yet so what would you guys recommend. I have seen a i3 2120 3.3ghz on ebay would that be sufficient to run the above system or should I go higher?

Thanks for any help

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
The i3 will work fine. W7HP comes with WMC which will also be fine.

shadowboxer

The i3 will be more than plenty to run that system. Be careful when buying processors from ebay though.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
As with buying all things from an auction site: caveat emptor. Assess the seller, check the feedback history of the seller, make sure you understand exactly what you are getting, one I checked showed a stock image with packaging and HSF and the description said no fan! How much less than £90 would it have to be to take a risk!

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz LGA1155 3MB (BX80623I32100) - dabs.com

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom