freesat, can I receive it in Austria?

jdstevo

Standard Member
I have a labgear satellite decoder with 500mm dish. I can receive on the 28E Astra satellite, but cannot find freesat. Do I need different equipment? Is it possible to recieve from the Astra 2D satellite in this area? If not are there any other satellites that I can get bbc 1 & 2 plus itv on?

:confused: frustrated viewer

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have a labgear satellite decoder with 500mm dish. I can receive on the 28E Astra satellite, but cannot find freesat. Do I need different equipment? Is it possible to recieve from the Astra 2D satellite in this area? If not are there any other satellites that I can get bbc 1 & 2 plus itv on?

:confused: frustrated viewer

Freesat is not a specific transmission it's just an alternative epg to free to air channels from 28.2/28.5E. All the channels available on Freesat (except possibly ITV HD) can be received on any fta box

How easy it is to get 2D in Austria depends on how far East you are, see the footprint map here

http://www.icecrypt.com/attachments/058_S2000C.pdf

Check some of the AStra 2D transponders from the list here

Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D (28.2°E) - frequencies - KingOfSat

The non 2D transponders will be easier to receive as will the Eurobird 1 transmissions

Eurobird 1 (28.5°E) - frequencies - KingOfSat

llama

in Sweden i have heard i will need a 120cm dish. i used to fit them in england, so im not scared, just probibly wont go down well with the people that own the appartment block :D

not sure how big it needs in Austria

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom