Freesat Cables help

Shabangle

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently posted about connecting some coax cables (drawing attached).

I bought a TV with Freesat, and Freesat channels seemed to be recognised in setup when I plugged one cable in.

However after tuning it simply says "No signal" or "No service" on each channel, despite the guide working perfectly.

-Does the guide working imply the cables or good, or is that via the Smart TV's internet?
-Is there a simple way to check if the cables are functional?
-Could the cables not be compatible with Freesat? What would that require?

Any help much appreciated, I posted here before Christmas about converting the cables but bit the bullet and bought a freesat tv. Disappointed it's not running yet!

Thanks for any help.
Andy

Attachments

• coax.jpg
    coax.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 37
Ignore see next

Hi all,

I recently posted about connecting some coax cables (drawing attached).

I bought a TV with Freesat, and Freesat channels seemed to be recognised in setup when I plugged one cable in.

However after tuning it simply says "No signal" or "No service" on each channel, despite the guide working perfectly.

-Does the guide working imply the cables or good, or is that via the Smart TV's internet?
-Is there a simple way to check if the cables are functional?
-Could the cables not be compatible with Freesat? What would that require?

Any help much appreciated, I posted here before Christmas about converting the cables but bit the bullet and bought a freesat tv. Disappointed it's not running yet!

Thanks for any help.
Andy

See post#15 of your original thread.

Thanks for the reply Fred. So it may be the case they are SkyQ cables - would I be correct in thinking they would need to connect into a Sky box rather than direct into a TV?

I have no interest in a Sky subscription, I'm just trying to get Freeview/Freesat (and TV supports both). If these are SkyQ cables, is there a way of converting them?

Thanks for any steer, I'm starting to feel I will need a technician regardless...

No, you don't need to get a Sky box or replace the cables.
You only need to get the Sky Q LNB replaced with a standard type.

Nice! Thanks for that. Is that something I can be attempting, or best left to an electrician?
Andy

I don't know if you would be able to do it yourself as I don't know your capabilities but if you need to call someone in call an aerial/satellite installer not an electrician.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom