Freesat box and AV sender/receiver problem

0106rainbow

Novice Member
Hi,
We're in the process of switching from Sky to Freesat. We have been using sender/receivers to get the tv programmes into different rooms with little or no problems and I did check a while back that they worked with Freesat boxes, but our problem is, we've had our sender/receivers for a while and they have scart connectors but there is no scart socket in the back of the Freesat box!

Does anyone know if it would work using a scart-to-hdmi adaptor, or even a scart-to-usb adaptor to connect the sender to the Freesat box?

thanks.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

Can you run a flat cat7 network cable from Box location to remote TV ? Does remote TV have hdmi in ?

0106rainbow

Novice Member
Can you run a flat cat7 network cable from Box location to remote TV ? Does remote TV have hdmi in ?
Thanks for coming back to me. We could possibly have run a cable to the tv in the kitchen but it would have been from one end of the house to the other and hubby is not a fan of visible cables and having the floorboards up is not an option.

In the end we have just decided to get another, basic, freesat box to stand alone in the kitchen. That is the only tv there is a problem with as there is no arial connected there at the moment but he is going to run some cables down from the dish into the kitchen. We can't think of a reason why it won't work so, fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

That should work fine only issue is that you will not be able to view recordings from the main box.

My house is rendered down to about 6ft from the ground. I drilled a hole through a wall . I ran it up behind a drainpipe under the rendering . And into the kitchen in a boiler cupboard. Black cat 7 is flat it can be run under carpets etc and very hard to see, and best of all you get Full-HD pictures on the remote TV rather than the crap CVBS quality. You can use cat7 up to 100M. More than enough to go up under the eaves and down again using the route you are going to run coax.. No need to even touch the dish.

0106rainbow

Novice Member
Well, I’m sitting here visualising where the cable would go - the main Freesat box is on an inside wall in the middle of the living room, and the kitchen is at the other end of the house so cable would have to either go through the wall into the dining room and then from there into the kitchen but then no floors we could lift up so it would be visible at that point trailing up walls, and he wouldn’t go for that; or across living room floor and through the wall to outside, then all round the house to the kitchen and through the wall again, so I think coming down from the sky box is the better option for the way our house is. The kitchen tv is only on when I’m getting dinner or washing up so not on for long and I don’t think we’d worry about not being able to see recorded programs while that was going on.

Thank you, I do appreciate your input and will bear in mind your suggestions if things don’t work out and the old fella has to have the carpets up 😱

Anrobe

Novice Member
Sorry I can't find out how to create a new thread re my Freesat satellite problem, on Astra 19.2E, which I have been using since 2017, all the UK channels 4, 5, ITV, BBC have gone as I understand now only available in the UK, and now left only with international news channels and Quest Red D Max Pick HGTV etc.
I am in France but have expat friends are not experiencing any problems, however they are using Astra 28.2E has there been a change therefore I need to ask for a re aligment?
Thanks

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you want a separate thread?
You could not have had Freesat on 19E.
To get them now on 28E you do need realignment of the dish.

Anrobe

Novice Member
It has been working fine until a couple of months ago, Freesat informed me (I have their email), that it's no longer available in Europe and only for UK viewers because of licencing problems, I tried this morning on Astra 28.5 not better, mainly hundreds of Sky pay TV channels and a few I currently get, the expats I know here are using Humax boxes me no, a French one 'Cahors
I read these Humax boxes are out of production, with a Manhattan model working? My technician is no longer contactable, will have to search for a new one?
Thanks

logiciel

Depending on your exact location you may be able to use either a Freesat receiver for £125 or a Freesat receiver/recorder for £200 connected to an accurately aligned dish for 28E and receive FS channels.

REPASSAC

Suggest you post your French postcode and dish size. I am at 32460 With a 100cm dish which picks up UK beam fine.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom