Freesat and Sky+ questions

richardlusty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I currently have sky + in my house and I was wondering.

You can connect your sky dish to the freesat and this will pick up the signal needed to make the broadcast HD. Is there any way that you can have both the sky+ box operational (ie it will record programmes and let you watch the sky channels - although not neccessarily at the same time) but also have the freesat box plugged into my tv so i can pick up all the free to view HD channels.

If this is possible, am i right in saying that you will lose the capability to record one programme whilst watching another?

Many thanks

Hi instead of creating another thread on this i will jump in on this one tell me to clear off if you want lol. I know nothing about this new freesat from the bbc stuff cause it's nothing i have taken an interest in before.

What channels on freesat from the bbc will i get that i don't allready get on sky and my motorised sat ?

Will all the free stuff that's on sky at the moment remain on sky ?

Thanks as i thought no need for me to get it then. If freesat is on the same sat as sky and has the same chanels on it then what is the point to it ?

If freesat is on the same sat as sky and has the same chanels on it then what is the point to it ?

There has been plenty of discussion on this.
Read through the threads on the forum.

Thanks as i thought no need for me to get it then. If freesat is on the same sat as sky and has the same chanels on it then what is the point to it ?
Because you won't be paying Rupert £10 a month if you only want BBCHD and i won't.

One of the points is that once pvr's come out for freesat you will be able to have sky+ type functionality for the free to air channels without having to pay sky £10 per month for the privilage.

Is there any way that you can have both the sky+ box operational (ie it will record programmes and let you watch the sky channels - although not neccessarily at the same time) but also have the freesat box plugged into my tv so i can pick up all the free to view HD channels.

If this is possible, am i right in saying that you will lose the capability to record one programme whilst watching another?

Assuming you only have two feeds coming in, then yes. AIUI, one feed would go into your Freesat STB & the other goes into one of the inputs on your Sky+, effectively making it a single tuner PVR :)

Sounds pretty interesting then. So if an HD box with a built in recorder ever comes out, I'll have the ability to record 2 things at once again, but with one being recorded on the hd box and the other on the sky + box. Not an easy solution but I don't want to pay £10 extra a month for the privilege of watching the same programmes in HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom