Freesat and netflix

dc2447

Standard Member
Reaction score
Am moving from Sky to Virgin TiVo.

This will leave me with two spare LNBs.

Freesat seems the way to go however I'd also like my Netflix to be in HD.

Is there or will there be in the future a Freesat box with Netflix?

Do you mean two spare connections, on the one LNB?
As you will still have a Sky machine you won't need to go to Freesat, unless it's for recording.
The Freesat site annoyingly gives almost no details of its authorised machines.
Humax is the most familiar brand and its site is little better, but the HD machines do some applications.

NO current Freesat PVR can access Netflix but your Virgin Tivo box will provide very similar service.

Freesat is currently developing a "second generation" of boxes that will likely incorporate YouView or a similar service - i.e. internet connections to various content providers.

Humax boxes will currently access BBC iPlayer and ITV Player, others iPlayer but check. The version of iPlayer is designed for use with the old "fast broadband" standard of 2Mb/s and has a "higher quality" setting but this is not HD. Many Freeview HD boxes will access a version of iPlayer that includes a HD, 720p/25 option but again, I believe your Virgin service will have similar access.

The Foxsat does iPlayer, ITV player and some other pay video on demand thing. There's no Netflix on any of them and considering the size of the market I doubt you'll seen one any time soon.

Thanks all, I suspected as much.

Will endure netflix via Wii for now

The Foxsat does iPlayer, ITV player and some other pay video on demand thing. There's no Netflix on any of them and considering the size of the market I doubt you'll seen one any time soon.

I would expect to see Lovefilm on freesat t.n.g later this year - and would buy this myself as well.

Box Office 365 is available on Humax Foxsat HDR for £4.99 a month.

I watch netflix on a PS3. It is marvellous.

OP, do you have a blu ray player or smart TV? A lot of these will be updated with the netflix app/

I watch netflix on a PS3. It is marvellous.

OP, do you have a blu ray player or smart TV? A lot of these will be updated with the netflix app/

LG TV with the dreaded netcast...

No netflix for me on that

LG TV with the dreaded netcast...

No netflix for me on that

Yes I bought a LG blu ray player expecting the netcast to be good and it was rubbish. It didn't even have youtube. I took it back.

Is there or will there be in the future a Freesat box with Netflix?

Who knows what will come in the future but there have been rumours of a Freesat equivalent of Youview which aims to bring broadbcast and VOD together in one interface. 2013 ?

Who knows what will come in the future but there have been rumours of a Freesat equivalent of Youview which aims to bring broadbcast and VOD together in one interface. 2013 ?

With respect, youview or on demand is not what I am asking about, is it?

As well as, or instead of, directly replying to you, posters are at liberty to add any comments of their own that are in some way - and in my opinion - relevant to the thread topic.

With respect, youview or on demand is not what I am asking about, is it?

Yes, because youview is almost certain to have netflix.

If I were you, I would quit the attitude toward people who are trying to help you.

I think it is clear this poster is looking for an argument rather than any kind of advice.

excuse me?

Perhaps your forum etiquette is different from mine but how is asking for a source on a comment 'looking for an argument'?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom