1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeSat activation in France

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Socketreousers, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Socketreousers

Socketreousers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just receievd my Freesat card direct from Sky. I've put it into my Grundig set top box and, 24 hours later it is still claiming not to be authorised and saying I should call Sky. I'd prefer not to call Sky too much because I live in the South of France :blush:

Is there anything special I need to do to activate my card or anything that might stop it being activated in France?

rog

2. Porschecraig

Porschecraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think you have to call Sky, ask for the freesat division to pair the card with your box, then they will activate the card! Best done with a UK mobile phone so they cant see you are calling from abroad!

Can i ask though, what size of dish are you using? My parents have a holiday home in south of france (Frejus) and are having difficulties getting a reception. It used to work ok, but now they can only get a reception at certain times of the day!

3. suffolktoon

suffolktoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Can you see Sky News on channel 501?

If you can't then the dish is not pointing in the right direction, your LNB is buggered or your cable is knackered. You can get this channel anywhere in France on a small dish without a card.

BBC and ITV would require a 1.0m dish in the south of France. If you have that size dish the Sky box should show them without a card.

Don't know whether you need to have the card tuned into a special channel to activate it.

4. Miss Rio

Miss Rio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

How did you get your card sent to you direct from Sky when you are in France? I only ask as my Dad lives in France and has the old blue sky card... Thats apparently going to be switched off soon and his new card is at A.N.Other address.... I was thinking of setting him an account up at my address but I already have sky and apparently thats not allowed ! Probably best if he goes to freesat but not sure how to go about it for him....

Thanks

5. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    The OP posted his question almost five years ago - and is no longer a member of AV Forums.