Freesat 4k to six TVs

sam93913

Novice Member
Hi guys I apologise for being a pain, although technically sound I have no idea what I would need to install 6 sat feeds from one dish.. I have the cables, but have no other parts.
I’m looking for the best quality and if possible gear that would be ‘future proof’ to distribute 4K. Also could whatever the equipment is distribute the signal (depending on actual signal feed) with stereo sound, sound quality for me is possibly more important than the video ha ha

Thanks for any help

Sam
(Thought I knew what I needed, found myself on here realised I don’t know what I’m on about)

logiciel

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum.
You have plenty of 6/8 output LNBs to choose from - what else do you need information about?

sam93913

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply do you have any suggestions for a quality LNB, is that all I would need? That and obviously the dish and cables :)

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply do you have any suggestions for a quality LNB, is that all I would need? That and obviously the dish and cables :)
There is some confusion here,

1 Do you want to use single box connected to single dish to connect to 6 TV's at the same time. ? And a seperate channel on each remote TV

or

2 A Seperate box at each location to use the same dish with all the TV's watching the same content.

The box is not a replacement for a Sky-Q setup with additional mini boxes.

Each TV on a system fed from a single box would need to be simiilar specs.

Only way I can see this working for indepent viewiing is using Freeview -HD kit with a RF distribution from a conventional aerial.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
A quatro LNB into something a Triax multi distribution box might be an idea, if it’s just bog standard Freesat that’s needed. I use something in my home to distribute DSAT, DTT, DAB and FM to all rooms in my house. Works a treat.

logiciel

There are innumerable LNBs on sale that would work fine.
I agree with glt that Freeview would be a good alternative.

winston2010

Sam is asking for Freesat 4K on 6 feeds. Currently there are no Freesat 4K signals, though there are a couple of free to air test channels receivable in non Freesat mode. There are no Freeview 4K channels or even Freeview 4K receivers.

An octo (8 output) LNB would give the 6 feeds required for future 4K signals.

A Quatro LNB to feed a multiswitch is not available for a sky type eliptical dish.

sam93913

Novice Member
There is some confusion here,

1 Do you want to use single box connected to single dish to connect to 6 TV's at the same time. ? And a seperate channel on each remote TV

or

2 A Seperate box at each location to use the same dish with all the TV's watching the same content.

The box is not a replacement for a Sky-Q setup with additional mini boxes.

Each TV on a system fed from a single box would need to be simiilar specs.

Only way I can see this working for indepent viewiing is using Freeview -HD kit with a RF distribution from a conventional aerial.
I would like all tv’s to have a separate feed, all of my TVs have free sat decoders built into them.

I would like all tv’s to have a separate feed, all of my TVs have free sat decoders built into them.
In that case I recommend you install the larger Sky dish, fitted with a regular 'Octo LNB'...

Grumpsimus

I use a Quattro LNB feeding to a multiswitch to feed 6 distribution points around the house. It also carries Freeview and FM/DAB along a single cable. Have been using this system since 2012 and this year had to replace the Quattro LNB because is started leaking, otherwise no problems whatsoever.

With a bigger multiswitch you could easily have up to a 100 distribution points.

JonMace

Personally I would use a Gigablue UHD 4K, with a unicable II LNB, this gives you 2 FBC tuners (which allows for a total of 8 different channels to be played / recorded / streamed at the same time. I would then use a fire stick, or a chromecast with google tv, on each extra TV this will give you Kodi and Kodi has an inbuilt client for Enigma2 which will allow you to watch and control the Gigablue with full EPG, ability to set us recordings, watch recordings etc.

This method just needs the one Receiver but will feel like you have a receiver on each TV, and they can all work independently at the same time

stblob

Even at my level thats seems complex.
A multi output LNB with a feed to each TV is all thats needed here.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom