"Freeplay" catch up keeps switching off after adverts Ch4/5/Itv/BBC

mollio

Hitachi 50 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD Android LED TV , the problem is that when I enable Catch up on any of the platforms including Freeplay, after the first set of adverts, the programme shuts down I have to restart and resume. This problem also occurs on my T95 Max android media box, but NOT on my laptop. Any ideas please!!

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
BBC don't have adverts, although there is a trailer before the programmes that can be skipped over. So I'm confused on that one.

Also, I can't find <Freeplay> - assume you mean Freeview Play on the TV? Products doesn't list Hitachi products but they may have a view on whether it's a known issue with other users of these budget TVs... and their Freeview Play specification/testing systems.

How are these devices connected to the interweb? If possible connect via ethernet cable to the router-modem and see if that resolves the problem? (Even temporarily to prove/disprove the issue).

mollio

Sorry to confuse you - yes I was referring to Freeview play -I get Freesat/Freeview and Freeview play mixed up. but I also connect directly with BBCIPlayer. ITVHub, My5 and All4 .I am connected by ethernet cable. my download speed is 73.5 Mbps.The ISP is British Telecom - Android is version 9. Hope this helps.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
iPlayer doesn't have adverts to cause a stop/restart required in your description - so I'm still unclear on what issues you get with it. Hitachi devices certified for BBC iPlayer | iPlayer help is your TV listed (although nothing recent is... :confused:)
Try contacting Hitachi for advice?

It's worth making some checks of the ethernet cable/connections to the device(s) by using the laptop on each cable (wi-fi off) - it might shed some light on an issue? or more likely not.

What should I do when experiencing an issue with an individual player? may be worth working through for advice, too?

At a loss what else to suggest. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom