Freenas 8.0 Sub-Directories & Windows

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Chubster, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Chubster

Chubster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hi all.....Setup a Freenas server lastnight to hold my music and all is fine...Sonos can see it and all works good.

But now I want to create another share for my RAW photos and I am not quite sure how I would do this.

I created another share in FreeNas, called photos but when I look at it from within windows it has all my music files in it, so obviously done something wrong.

Basically I want a share on FreeNas, lets say its called Media and then within that a folder called music and one called photos. How would I achieve this :confused:

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Create a share in FreeNAS called Media and give it the correct permissions to allow remote windows users to create files and folders, and then from windows explorer (Network - <FreeNAS server> - Media), create as many folders in this "Media" share as you need! (unless i'm misunderstanding what it is you want to do:) )

3. Chubster

Chubster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Ah...ok, that's embarrassingly simple. I thought I needed to create them from with FreeNas itself :blush: