Freemans Won't Honour 25% Discount

palantir pete

Standard Member
Reaction score
Greetings all

If you are thinking of ordering a LCD TV from freemans, be warned that the 25% discount as shown on vouchercodes.com is NOT available on electrical items: However, they are still allowing 20%, but only if you get on their case and argue!

I ordered yesterday, and the b^&&$£s took £1499.99 from my debit card account - no discount, no warning, no email - Nothing: I had to ring Customer "Services" and argue my case.

This was in spite of me checking with Customer "Services" that discount code DQKP is valid against this TV - They claim to have 2 Call Centres, I "must have been put thro' to Bradford", and have no knowledge of the person I spoke to:nono:

What a shower, still - I should have a very nice TV, at a very nice price, any month now:clap:

Pete

I didn't have any trouble using the DREP (20%) code towards my Tosh 42WLT58 - everything seemed easy enough apart from somewhat slow delivery (16 days). Paid £1519.99 :thumbsup:

Yuss, they seem to be honouring the DREP code ok, but not the DQKP, for 25% - but they don't warn you, and don't apply the lower discount, just take the full amount

Theres a whole thread about the discounts at Freemans and that the 25% isnt working anymore, I did some research before I ordered from freemans. In the end I too went for the Tosh 42WLT58 and used the DREP code 20% off, thats good enough for me considering Im saving £400 or so. Took 10 days for from order to delivery.

if u see all the content before you just rush in and use the code you would see it tells u to refer to their special offer page which say 20% on eletircal and 25% on fashion. the only real way to get full 25% off is go through quidco and freeman first order offer.

Thats the problem with these codes, no associated T & Cs.

The DVDFORUMS would slaughter you for posting the 25% code, as there are no T&Cs available.

I can't believe the slating freemans get on these forums - they already have comparable or better price for the Toshiba LCDs and then give 20% off.

If you just follow the instructions the 20% discount works fine.
The people who seem to have had problems seem to have been either trying to get bigger discount or testing an order first then trying again which leaves the cookie on computer so that you don't appear as a new cutomer and the 20% discount code doesn't appear automatically.

Give them a break and order those bargains before they stop it.:D

Why not phone them to order and quote the voucher code ?:thumbsup:

chris-j said:
I can't believe the slating freemans get on these forums - they already have comparable or better price for the Toshiba LCDs and then give 20% off.

The people who seem to have had problems seem to have been either trying to get bigger discount or testing an order first then trying again which leaves the cookie on computer so that you don't appear as a new cutomer and the 20% discount code doesn't appear automatically.

Here Here. Seems a lot of people aren't satisfied with a "measly" 20% off, and will try almost anything for more, then whine like **** when it goes tits up.

Me, I ordered the 37" using DREP code, 48 hours later my TV turned up, no hassle, no waiting, £300 off, very happy.

Don't get me wrong, if you get more discount by pursuing another route, fine, just don't come whingeing about it when it blows up in yer face.

Ordered my 37 last tuesday ,had the email conformation my address and my quote number ,then nothing ,just rung them it has been declined ,my credit card company apparently ,it cant be i said i have a very large credit limit ,hang on she said let me try again ,there we go she said all done now 20%discount as well still holding my breath ,they dont want my money for some reason please freemans take it

ElGato said:
Here Here. Seems a lot of people aren't satisfied with a "measly" 20% off, and will try almost anything for more, then whine like **** when it goes tits up.

Me, I ordered the 37" using DREP code, 48 hours later my TV turned up, no hassle, no waiting, £300 off, very happy.

Don't get me wrong, if you get more discount by pursuing another route, fine, just don't come whingeing about it when it blows up in yer face.
Here Here mate!

I order the 42" and saved myself nearly £400!! Tell me where you can save that sort of money off a 42" Tosh LCD. Im happy with that thank you, just be gratefull your getting the 20% its a loophole that people have found and sooner than later Freemans will put a stop to it.

chris-j said:

Spot on ! :thumbsup:

Ordered via the web, only delay was due to lack of stock, I wonder why they had this problem, it was after all only £150 cheaper than anywhere else, (£280 Comet), delivered free, charged the £720 that was indicated on the site prior to ordering, had a great set at a highly competitive price. :D

My advice, order via the web, stick to DREP, if the final price shown before you order shows the 20% discounted price, press click to order.

Oh yeah, because it is the cheapest price anywhere, you have to get in the queue to save the money.

Does anyone know how many of these Freemans discount codes can be used at once?

For example, using the DREP code (20% off first order) in conjuction with the MZHP code (15% off all orders).

The seemingly complete lack of terms and conditions on the Freemans site regarding these codes is bizarre. Additionally, the fact there are multiple code boxes on the basket page, suggesting you can use more than one, doesn't help either

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers,
Sie.

Yes,. I believe you can get upto a 150% offer by using mutiple codes
but the site only accept codes in a certain order

If you read my original post, you'll find I was posting a warning to others, NOT whingeing, whining or otherwise carping.

I arrived at the Freemans site via the vouchercodes site, this bypasses any info. regarding what works and what doesn't - simply offers 25% off first order.

I'll keep my mouth shut in future

Bye

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom