Freemans Discount ??????

hickmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading numerous posts regarding the 25% discount code for Freemans. I thought i would check it out and i can get the Toshiba 37WLT58 for £1124.

This sounds good to me and wondered is it best to Phone Freemans to use this code, because from some posts on here, people have had some problems ordering online....:confused:

Also can i use the code to buy now pay october 2006 at the same time i quote the 25% discount one.....Has anyone done this.

:smashin:

Not sure if you will get the 25% from Freeman's, some did early on but a lot got cancelled when they cottoned on to what was happening, read some of the threads. Phoning seemed very hit and miss. :eek:

I had a Sammy 32" via the web and it was no problem with a credit card, the only hold up was waiting for stock :)

Not sure about the buy now pay later stuff as that may be regarded as initially buying on credit and it seems the credit limit for new customers is about £500. :confused:

There was a post that the 25% discount code was for fashion only but the first order 20% code (DREP) is still available.

I ordered a 37WLT58 on 23rd Feb, it was delivered first time on 1st March when I wasn't in then received on 3rd March. Paid by CC £1200.

Problems seem to occur when trying to use the pay later options but if your paying up front should be fine.

I am delighted with it.:D :thumbsup:

was just considering ordering a sammy from freemans- if i put in the 25% discount code, whats the chance of actually getting it? When does it actually show the price with discounts??

chris-j said:
Problems seem to occur when trying to use the pay later options but if your paying up front should be fine.

:

after problem on website i tried ringing through a credit card order and was told 20% first time discount was only available for pay later option. am not sure if you get the discount by credit card by using website because i accidentally ordered pay later when i chose create account and now discount not showing for either pay later or credit card option.

i have just been on the freemans site and gone through the whole order process for a tosh 37WLT58 short of clicking buy at the end. The 20% first order discount is still valid, rite at the end after you have entered your card details and you are prompted to confirm the order it shows the price with the discount (1200) i did not compleat the order yet as im still toying with the john lewis price match and 5 year protection but to be fair seems like a masive hassle at the end of the day 1200 for a 37WLT58 seems good to me but still with the 66 range allegeldy comming out in April do i wait till May and for a mega bargin !!! think i wont last as i have not got the staying power !!:zonked:

I take it the price from Freemans doesnt include insurance

Fantasticlees said:
after problem on website i tried ringing through a credit card order and was told 20% first time discount was only available for pay later option. am not sure if you get the discount by credit card by using website because i accidentally ordered pay later when i chose create account and now discount not showing for either pay later or credit card option.

I ordered on the web, it had the 20% off banner on the home page, it automatically added DREP in the basket, put in card details and suchlike, it showed the discounted price before "click" to order. Had email confirming order and discounted price.

Saved approx £150 and it was easy peasy. :thumbsup:

Trying for a bigger discount,trying for finance, phoning, all seem to give rise to complications from the posts that I have read.:eek:

DamoSXI said:
I take it the price from Freemans doesnt include insurance

i assume its just the 1 year that you get from toshiba thats why i havent given up on JL yet

you get 20% off from freeman's then if you use quidco t pay you get 5% further. however it must be your first time shopping with freeman's

harrystrill said:
i have just been on the freemans site and gone through the whole order process for a tosh 37WLT58 short of clicking buy at the end. The 20% first order discount is still valid, rite at the end after you have entered your card details and you are prompted to confirm the order it shows the price with the discount (1200) i did not compleat the order yet as im still toying with the john lewis price match and 5 year protection but to be fair seems like a masive hassle at the end of the day 1200 for a 37WLT58 seems good to me but still with the 66 range allegeldy comming out in April do i wait till May and for a mega bargin !!! think i wont last as i have not got the staying power !!:zonked:

I doubt JL will price match with the freemans first order price, but might do the normal freemans £1500 (as opposed to JL price of £1700 for 37WLT58).

I thought of waiting for 66 range but on the 37" the spec is virtually identical and I think the 58 range styling is much nicer than the the pics I've seen of the 66 range.:D

You can buy extended guarantees after the one year is up from Domestic and General - at the moment these are between £260 and £300 (for 4 years) for LCD's costing £1000 - £1500, but come next year, there is reasonable chance of these being cheaper due to increase in LCD sales.

Without tempting fate, I have always found that if an appliance is going to chuck it, it will happen in first year.

i have just had a shock, got an email from fremans thanking me for my order and its on its way !!!!!!!!!! i am 100% sure that i did not confirm the order but they sent it me any way. I called the number on the email and spoke to the most unhelpfull person in the world. I have contacted barclaycard and told them that freemans are trying to charge me somthing that i have not ordered and explained what heppend they will look into it, i have also emailed back to freemans !!!!! if this is freemans way of doing business and a typlical example of thier custuomer service i would rather pour bleech in my eyes than use them ...anyone else had this problem wiht fremans puting the order through despite you not confirming it ? :eek:

I attempted to buy the tosh 42wlt58 thru the Freemans website but had problems as they said my card was declined - which is not true as funds were definitely available.I then rang them and placed over the phone and was told that I had to pay full price and when I decide I am keeping the tv,I have to contact them and I will then be refunded my 20% 1st order discount.

It is a lot of hassle in my opinion but also well worth it for the savings to be had ie a 42" tv for the price of a 37" in my case ! This saving also covered the cost of my home cinam system !

stick with it.:thumbsup:

I ordered a Samsung LE32R41BD on the internet on 26th Feb (payment made by debit card via Quidco for extra 5% discount) and was told stock would arrive on 15th March. However, I noticed last Sunday that my bank account appeared to have been debited £720. After contacting Freemans, they bluntly told me that the order was cancelled as the transaction had been declined by my bank. Not true! My bank has categorically said that the transaction was authorised and they are awaiting Freemans to either collect the money or decline.

I have asked Freemans to contact the merchant sevices section of their own bank and request the authorisation to be cancelled, but am not optimistic of a speedy outcome. As things stand my account appears to have been debited and am waiting for them to rectify.

Judging from this thread (and others), I can see that I'm not the only one who has had orders falsely declined. Are Freemans deliberately cancelling these orders due to being sourced from Quidco? I plan on raising another internet order via quidco as soon as poss but don't want the same thing to happen again.

Get it done soon as. The 32" is now showing as in stock on the site, looks like they came in 7 days early.

Wish the same could be said for the 26":lease:

Has anyone know if there is such a thing as Freemans "High st retail outlet" that does the 20% off for the purposes of Priice matching to John Lewis's.

I Asked JL Perterbrough yesterday but of course they declined as Freemans were mail order /Internet and not High Stret

tjxkeith said:
Has anyone know if there is such a thing as Freemans "High st retail outlet" that does the 20% off for the purposes of Priice matching to John Lewis's.

I Asked JL Perterbrough yesterday but of course they declined as Freemans were mail order /Internet and not High Stret

There are a few catalogue outlets, but they very rarely stock LCDs (see link ). I do remember one guy on this forum managed to get a Tosh stupidly cheaply a few weeks ago.

http://www.cataloguediscountstore.co.uk/store-locator-detail.asp?id=5

Isn't shopping with freemans fun.

Tried to confirm the discount on Saturday. Went to checkout and it said discount would be shown before money taken from card. Confirmed with customer services that another screen would come up after entering card details for final confirmation. Entered card details and ..... "thank you for your order". Received email confirming order AT FULL PRICE with status showing as "being processed". Contacted customer services daily and order not shown on system. Emailed Sarah Gibbs to cancel and she responded that the order was cancelled due to credit card problems (although there should not have been any). Nice of them to let me know.

Entered order again yesterday with the discount code of DQKP for 25% that I found in forum. Chose option to set up account. Still no discount shown on checkout page. Went to next page and.... "thank you for your order". Another email also at list price and status of delivery in 7 days. When contacted they said this promotional code was not valid on electrical! Cancelled order.

Tried again. Thru Quidco, used the 20% discount DREP. Used different credit card. This time got a further screen showing the discounted price and asking to confirm order. Hooray! Confirmation email received at price of £720 (for 32") with status of in stock!!!

OH NO! Whilst writing this have got another email from Sarah Gibbs saying that there was a problem with the card details inputted and to resubmit order. She doesn't say which order reference this relates to!!!

The saga continues.....

try ringing 0114 263 7077 as this is the cash ( as apposed to pay them back at £x per week) sales department. I had the same problme as you and needed to canx my order and the lady on this number was cvery helpfull she said that as i had orderede and then canx the order the internet would not recognise the 20% off code so if i did want to re order ring her and put the order through verbaly wiht her and they would honour the first order discount of 20% hope this is helpfull :thumbsup:

Thanks for that.

I wanted to place the order online to get the extra 5% from Quidco. As long as you empty your cache and clear cookies you should be able to get it to come up with the DREP code for the 20% discount.

The order that they cancelled was indeed the one from Saturday which Sarah had already notified me about, so hopefully the order confirmation showing a price of £720 and status of "in stock" that I got yesterday means I'll actually get my Sammy soon.

i placed an invalid (old) code when ordering yesterday. i had to call to find this out, and now she has said to just wait until it delivers then ring a number and explain i'm a first time buyer to receive the 'first time buyers discount' which i hope is still 20%.

as mentioned in another thread, i was only going through the motions of buying, testing out the codes (whilst still browsing the horror stories on this site) but somehow i ended up ordering one:confused: there was no account clarifcation to email like most places. in the end i went with it and now have a slightly nervous edge to all this.

anyone know what their returns/after sales policy is like if there is something wrong with it:rolleyes:

i refused delivery of the tv i allegeldy ordered today, ill tell you how it goes as my visa has been hit by 1200 :mad: the sad thing as i bet there customer services suck but ill go back as they are so cheep !!!!!!!

Just ordered the 42" from Freemans website, order went through ok at the £1899.99 but it already had the DREP code in the box, called to confirm the order said they cant check untill Sat when it shows on the computer, she said that I will recieve the TV, I can then make sure im happy with it, they will send a statement and then I can choose to pay either credit or credit card and the statement will show the discount of the 20%. Didnt bother mucking about with teh Quidco discount as well 20% good enough for me.

Gonna lump £500 cash and the rest on my credit card and pay no interest on it till NOV by that time I would have paid it off long before, at that price you just cant argue

I got the same story from customer services about getting the discount applied after the goods have been delivered. This was the order I placed Tuesday afternoon using the DQKP 25% code that I had confirmed was valid when I spoke to them on Saturday. This order had set up a £200 credit limit account (which I did not mean to set up or want) and as other people have found, I would need to pay the balance of £699.99 before delivery then claim the 25% discount which would be more than the £200 left on account. At this point she talked to a supervisor and eventually came back saying the DQKP code did not apply to electrical goods! She also told me that the discount only applies to the £200 put onto account not the rest!!!

I would advise against trusting them to get the discount retrospectively if you have not used the DREP 20% code.Their help pages states "Unfortunately we are unable to apply any Offer codes to orders once they have been placed. Remember to make a note of any Offer codes you may need before you place your order, and enter them in the boxes provided on your order form."

After two dummy runs which ended with orders being placed without my confirmation (and at full price), the third attempt using the DREP code (with payment on credit card) did give the order confirmation screen showing the discounted price and the email that followed also showed this price.

To save later hassles I would make sure that you get an order confirmation at the discounted price and cancel any (by emailing Sarah) that come up at the full price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom