1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeloader

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by keyser, Feb 22, 2003.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a us gamecube and live in iceland(pal). I was told at the local store that I can´t use the pal freeloader to make my us gamecube region free, that I needed to get one from the usa.

Is this correct, do you need a usa freeloader to make a usa cube region free, and a pal freeloader to make a pal cube region free?

I see there are 2 firmwares available, can they be uppgraded in the future or is it what you buy is what you get?

How do the changes of regions affect the hz, will a pal game run in 60hz on a us cube etc.?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

What you've been told is wrong. The Freeloader itself is region-free and will allow any region Cube to play any region game :).

What you buy is what you get. However v1.04 can be upgraded to v1.06 for free by returning v1.04 to Cidejunkies. As long as you get v1.06, you should be fine for the forseeable future.

It's a bit hit and miss actually. Some do, some don't. All PAL games with a 60Hz option do though.

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Brilliant. I thought the store guy was talking crap.. weird how the guys at the stores never seem to know diddly.

thanks groundy

4. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was worth reading this thread just to see that
    "diddly" has crossed the ocean to iceland