Freeloader on PAL Wii

hpoom

Once somebody had picked up there PAL Wii tonight can they test the freeloader out with both US and JAP games please. Although I am going to pick up my Wii tonight it is an xmas present so I am not going to be able to play it till 25th. I just want to know if I need to sell all my NTSC gamecube games or hang onto them.

Thanks!

chrislad

I think this was tested on a US Wii and it worked fine. Search the forums and you should find a definite answer.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
I think the topic starter just wanted to confirm pal wii's aren't locked out

hpoom

Yes I know it works on US Wii, but I want somebody to confirm it works on the UK PAL Wii

hpoom

Has anybody had a chance to test this yet? I can't wait until tonight, I want to know now.

breadbun

I suggest you apply a little patience... :)

I feel for you though... my missus wont let me have one at all! ;)

adrian29459

Novice Member
I have tested two versions of freeloader and they dont work on my PAL wii. The screen just says unable to detect disc. Sorry to give ya the bad news.

Kube

Mine wont work. Says disc is unreadable. Could be the update that has stopped it.

hpoom

Damn that is very bad news!

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Judging by some news on NTSC-UK it appears that the Wii is based on Pearl White Gamecube Hardware & as such has the same firmware etc & as far as I can gather the Pearl White's were made to not work with Freeloader, perhaps someone can confirm? so could explain why this isnt working here.

Not a real pain for me as I still have my Pal Cube & Freeloader so all my Jap/US games are still playable, just a nuiscane that I have to have both machines wired up :(

Neil