1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREELOADER & ACTIONREPLAY for cube

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by stewarthollyhead, Nov 21, 2002.

1. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PLAY.com has the action replay and freeloader listed for release on 6th December.

Does anyone know anymore about these items?
    For example
    1) As a US gamecube owner will they let me play UK games on my machine.
    2) Any word as to which one is better performance / works on US cubes /

Play.com does actually say for freeloader AND action replay:
    PAL: Will play on UK GameCube only
    So I amnot sure whether that is good news for us US cubers.

2. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I've had a freeloader on order for a couple of weeks, & emailed Datel to see if there was any movement on these products. I had a reply back fairly quickly, but it was a bit vague,
    This was dated 18-11-02, so who knows, but I'm not gonna hold my breath given how late they already are

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Freeloader and Action Replay for the GameCube will enable multiregion playback of games... Basically turning the Gamecube into a true universal console so you can play UK games on an american GC etc etc.

As for better performance... The Freeloader/Action Replay will work on ANY Gamecube from ANY region for ANY official game.

The only real reasons to have an NTSC console is that the games will be full screen at full speed unlike many of the PAL conversions... Plus the games come out a lot earlier. I've ordered a Freeloader for a mate of mine but if I were to get one then I would use it to rent UK games for my modified Japanese Gamecube.

Dec 6th is also the date given to me so I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer... As for me though I just want my Metroid Prime that has been shipped >_<

4. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Bear in mind that the release date slips more than a very slippery, slippery thing slipping and sliding all over the place. It's been about 1 month to 6 weeks in the future for about the past 6 months. Don't hold your breath guys.

Of course, if it does see the light of day, I'll be right there in the queue. Anything that realises the possibility of playing Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing this year has GOT to be good!!

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me about it T-Force lol I'll probably get my mate an import GC for Xmas instead of the Freeloader since it'll keep on being vapourware... I'l believe it until I see it.

6. kev_melon

kev_melon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the latest from Datel Ltd regarding Freeloader and Action Replay:

Many people are contacting us and asking when FreeLoader and Action Replay for GameCube will be released.

We have always given release dates in good faith, based on feedback from our engineers. It has never been our intention to give misleading information, and we sincerely regret having to delay the launch several times. Our products are not officially licensed by Nintendo so they sometimes take longer to develop than we would like, and this has unfortunately been the case with these two GameCube products.

FreeLoader and Action Replay for GameCube are very important products for us. We are the only unofficial developer with the technical know-how needed to produce such ground-breaking products. Please rest assured that as soon as FreeLoader and Action Replay are thoroughly tested and available for release, all our customers with pre-orders will be the very first to receive stock. We can totally understand your frustration at having to wait this long, as it's been an incredibly frustrating time for us too, but we're now very close to releasing FreeLoader.

We've seen various release dates across the net, and although most retailers are trying to guess the launch date in good faith, we must stress that you should ONLY trust the official announcements that you read here at www.codejunkies.com. If there is no release date specified, then that's because we're not exactly sure ourselves and we do not want to pluck one out of thin air. We know that's not what you want to hear but we are doing our utmost to at least get FreeLoader out before Christmas 2002. Action Replay will follow shortly afterwards, hopefully in January 2003.

We hope you will bear with us, as these products are certainly going to be worth the wait, we can guarantee you that. Both products are in fact 100% complete and have already been reviewed by G-Force magazine using our custom-made development kit. The delay is due to some minor technical issues in duplicating the discs, which we are currently pouring all our resources into (so much so, that we've had to postpone all Xbox development until these have been resolved).

So it shouldn't be long now, but if you have already pre-ordered either Action Replay for GameCube, or FreeLoader from us and now wish to obtain a refund, please contact support@codejunkies.com with your order details, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Please note that we have temporarily removed the option to pre-order these products. Don't worry, this does not mean that they've been cancelled - both products will definitely be released as soon as possible. As soon as we are taking orders again, we will let you know.

Well then! Looks like we'll have to hold our horses just a bit longer now won't we?:(

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apparently Codejunkies/Datel will use The Flying Pig Courier Company to deliver Freeloader to your door.

8. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If this is true about the freeloader allowing pal games to run on a jap/us console then head over to play.com and they have added at the bottom --technical info:- this will only run on a pal gamecube.
    Sounds like the disc is pal encoded and wouldnt run on an import console or as they dont sell import games this is hopefully there signature at the bottom of every advertisement...hopefully!!:confused:

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lik-sang has sent me an email saying that the Freeloader is now available... I haven't got the cash anyway so check it out if you can.