1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeeview to lcd best cable for the job.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bri.s, Aug 19, 2005.

1. bri.s

bri.s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have a freeview box that I want to connect to my new hd ready 32inch lcd. The freeview box only has a scart socket at the back however so I would like to know the best way to connect it to the lcd panel. I have it connected just now using a cheap scart to scart cable but I was thinking of connecting it by using a thor scart to 2 phono/s-video lead shown here http://www.beststuff.co.uk/thor.htm I can get one for £13 at my local Maplins just now, or would it be better just using a good rgb scart to scart cable such as the thor scart to scart at £20 just now in Maplins. The tv also has dvi but will need that free to hook up the pc every now and again. The picture is actually quite good just now but I think it could be a bit sharper.
    Any other suggestions? Thanks for looking.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    A good quality scart lead is IMO your best option. Set the Freeview STB to output RGB and plug in to a scart socket on the LCD that can accept RGB - on most TV's not all scart sockets will accept RGB. This should give the best possible PQ.
    If you try to connect with a scart to S-Video lead then you may just get a black & white picture as many STB's don't output an S-Video signal.

Mark.