1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom of speech when critical of DVD suppliers who sponsor HCC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Stewart C, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are we able to criticise bad service from DVD suppliers who advertise in and sponsor the HCC Magazine and website.

If we do have a gripe to share with a named supplier are we likely to get hammered by the HCC police about how 'good' the service the sponsor provides is, and that the name of the sponsor concerned will not be degraded...for any reason...on this web site, namely because they are paying money to HCC.

If we are genuinely unhappy about that a situation or service should we be sharing it in the first place? There will be good and bad on both sides. Ofcourse there will be. That is why we discuss.

Should Moderators get involved in this at all or should political statements(i.e.sponsor criticism) remain outwith the remit for Moderator intervention?

Interesting

Regards

------------------
    Stewart C

An amateur but an enthusiast

2. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Recent history would seem to suggest that sponsors shouldn't be subjected to criticism.

That hardly seems fair and I hope this policy has now changed. [​IMG]

Ptm

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is more of a Feedback query for Spectre so am moving to Feedback...