1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freecom dvd burner any good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by micks_address, Aug 5, 2004.

1. micks_address

Nov 29, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi folks,

Thinking of getting the dvd burner below.. it fits what i'm after in that its external and usb so i can plug and play at work or at home and its dual layer. My needs are backing up some dvds' (our wedding dvd) backing up the odd movie and backing up x box games. I'm just wondering if its a safe choice to go for? My dvd players are 2 Sonys - NS900 and NS930 so hopefully they'll be able to handle the discs i throw at it.

Also for backing up dvds - should i be able to pop in my source in my dvd rom and using the software just to a straight copy to the dvd burner? i dont have much hard disk space (till i upgrade the pc)

The other question i have is in relation to media - whats the best/affordable/reliable discs to use for burning and where's a good place to source them?

Any info or opinions valued

Freecom External Classic USB DVDRW Drive.

Supports DVD+R double layer recording.

Store up to 8.5Gb on a double layer DVD.

Compile, save and share your movies, music, data and photos.

Great for DVD movies, MP3, video CDs, backups and images.

Connectivity via USB-2 port (USB-1 compatible).

Dimensions 5.3 x 18.1 x 25.4cm.

Weight 1.6kg.

Black casing.

High speed DVD creation.

8x DVD+R writing speed, 8x DVD-R writing speed, 4x DVD+RW writing speed, 4x DVD-RW writing speed 2.4x DVD+R DL writing, 12x DVD read speed, 32x CD-R writing speed, 16x CD-RW writing speed, 40 CD-ROM read speed.

Full software suite included.

Compatible with Windows 98SE/2000/ME and XP.

Unlimited technical support.