Freebies

A

AsherC

can anyone who has received any freebies (from late microsoft repairs) post how long they waited for their repair and what they got

thanks

AV-Scooby

Mine packed in about 2 months ago and took just over 2 weeks to be repaired, they sent me a 1 month gold subscription card for live.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member
My son's took about 4 weeks and he got a 1 month live card and (after a phone call) a copy of Gears of War.

Swiss

Standard Member
Did you guys have to phone up to get a freebie, or was it just in the box when your replacement was delivered?

fatfingers73

Did you guys have to phone up to get a freebie, or was it just in the box when your replacement was delivered?

I had to phone up, waited 5 weeks for repair, got a copy of Shadowrun.

Urien Rheged

Distinguished Member

My son's replacement 360 had a scratch on it (underneath) so I rang them and told them. They offered that I sent the console back again or offered me a choice of Kameo, PDZ, Viva Pinta, PGR3, Gears of War or a Wireless controller & headset.

heardys

mine took 1 month
I winged like hell got 1months live, project gotham racing 3, forza motorsport 2 and a wireless head set
:clap::clap::clap:

mattg

got 2 copies of pgr3 (morons) a wireless controller and waiting on a month's live sub.

that was after a 5 week repair and being on my 3rd console...

Scapegoat

Away for 14 days.

Complained about some poor customer service I experienced and got offer of game = Gears of War. Second complain got Forza 2 and 3 month Live sub (though still waiting for that).

ekona

Standard Member
Did you ring up during the period where MS had your 360?
Or just when you got it back?

Got to admit I have experienced bad CS from them, and I'm gonna let them know about it lol.

What did you say both times?

dazza1011

Novice Member
when my xbox broke it was only 3 months old woolworths required a number from MS ( probably a record that it is faulty etc ) any way this was my third machine that got ring of death so complained about poor standard and explained that i was going to get a refund from retailer and buy a PS3 cue lots of grovelling and offer of various games (GOW, viva pinata etc ) i went for camera as i wanted my face on Rainbow vegas.

took about 5 days to arrive.

Scapegoat

Did you ring up during the period where MS had your 360?
Or just when you got it back?

Got to admit I have experienced bad CS from them, and I'm gonna let them know about it lol.

What did you say both times?

email both times. 1st whilst it was away, 2nd when it came back. List of things I complain about - projected turnaround, loss of Live subscription, poor communication (i.e. not told to NOT use own box, lack of emails to update status depsite being told that I would), and the fact my XBLA games would not work on 2nd profile/offline

lunch_box

when my xbox broke it was only 3 months old woolworths required a number from MS ( probably a record that it is faulty etc ) any way this was my third machine that got ring of death so complained about poor standard and explained that i was going to get a refund from retailer and buy a PS3 cue lots of grovelling and offer of various games (GOW, viva pinata etc ) i went for camera as i wanted my face on Rainbow vegas.

took about 5 days to arrive.

Did you get the number to change to the console in woolies as well???

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom