Bargain Expired Free Xbox live after 4 months of 4 mins per day! ;)

goonergaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL - a bit of hassle via the rewards program, this is for those who generally use quidco/top cashback because pennies add up :)

Not quite sure if this has been posted before...or if anyone cares, but with all the monthly subs adding up I did some quick maths and figure I can get free Xbox live for just 5 mins a day. I thought about this while saving up some points to get some credit...

Essentially sign up to the rewards program and do some quizzes and surfing, after a day or 2 you will level up and then it's plain sailing. Each day you earn a minimum 150 points (average just over 200)- over 4 months if you do that every day and pick up all the little bonus points that pop up that's enough to pay for 12 months Xbox live.

Once you're in you can drop back the intensity because to get enough points over a year to pay for the next year subscription you only need 80 points per day, as such it's much easier to hit...or you can save up for credit or game pass in addition :)

edit - updated as I actually only spend 3 or 4 mins doing the searches and earn over 200 points per day meaning in 4 months you should get enough to pay for a years xbox live :)

Last edited:
Yup - I posted about it last year

PSA: Free Xbox Live credit for using Bing

Good, isn't it? Nobody else seemed to think so at the time though! :D ;)

I mentioned it to my son and he got his calculator out and said "so you're prepared to work for 30p per hour?" (or some really low figure that clearly wasn't worth it).

Point is, I'm watching general TV/news/whatever and I surf anyway so now I get paid to surf :)

My only concern is that the last couple days the bonus points have only been 10 which is slowing me down, I do hope they pick up again and all the initial bonuses weren't just to get you caught into the loop.

Having said that, free XBLive and ~ £30+ in store credit per year is not to be sniffed at (worse case scenario) :)

The 10 point daily bonus is the norm, I'm afraid. You also get 2 quizzes for 30 points each on a Tuesday. Other than that, it's the 150 points a day for searches.

Takes 6 weeks or so to get enough points for a £5 voucher.

@Corvenstein introduced me to this a couple of weeks ago when he mentioned he'd spent his free 5er on a cheap 1000gs game.
My gold memberships paid up for the next 3 years so that's what i'll spend mine on too.
Have noticed that £5 Microsoft credit is less than £5 Xbox credit.
Does anyone know if both types work on Xbox?

Another thing worth noting is the game pass is same as £5 store pounds (or same as 1 month XBL) so quite a bargain (or save up 2.5 x the points and get 3 months worth of game pass).

In theory, if you were to get every point you possibly could you'd be near to paying for constant game pass if you aimed for the 3 month one each time...you'd certainly not be far off it.

I might just see how things pan out because thinking about it if I can get free game pass and buy XBL when the deals come up then that's not a bad solution

@Corvenstein introduced me to this a couple of weeks ago when he mentioned he'd spent his free 5er on a cheap 1000gs game.
My gold memberships paid up for the next 3 years so that's what i'll spend mine on too.
Have noticed that £5 Microsoft credit is less than £5 Xbox credit.
Does anyone know if both types work on Xbox?

I meant to message you about what £5 credit to get. The Microsoft credit works fine for Xbox and as you say is cheaper too.

Made the mistake of entering the sweepstakes to win stuff, didn't realize at the time it was taking my points! Thought it was part of the system to get extra points

Made the mistake of entering the sweepstakes to win stuff, didn't realize at the time it was taking my points! Thought it was part of the system to get extra points

Yeah, thankfully I managed to avoid that - nearly fell into it this morning, had an email saying I had a free entry but when I clicked on the link there was a 200 point fee which was a little sly from MS if you ask me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom