Free video editor program

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by Member 639844, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,180
    I have about 15 QT videos on my pc form my phone from a day out. I was wandering if there is any software anywhere thats simple enough to use that would let me edit the footage into a single usable video, and possibly put a music soundtrack over the whole thing.

Anyone any ideas?

2. themediaman

themediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Windows Movie Maker, you would need to get the videos into a compatible format though.........

This will let you stitch the videos together with effects, text and music......

there are also programs out there that could simply add all the videos together with no effects like virtualdub mod....

how will you be viewing the video, off and HDD or disc.......?

3. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,180
    Thanks for that. I went climbing the other day and took loads of footage on my mobile phone, so we are only talking about phone video, nothing fancy. I have a bout 15 clips and just wanted to cut the fat and make a single video I could put on my FB page for family and friends to see etc.

I saw windows movie maker but like you pointed out the quick time videos wont work with it ASAIK. That said, thinking about it now I am sure that QT is set as the automatic default video file viewer, and the files (now on my laptop) my simply be labelled as QT files as a result, rather than actually be QT. They might be MP4 or something, not sure as its not really an area I am familiar with. If its of any use, the vids are from a Nokia C3.

4. themediaman

themediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    download media info, this will tell you the video and audio formats[codec].....

I would also download VirtualDubMod - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
    , this usually works with avi files, but give it a go........

you add the first video with File > Open

and the next videos with File > Append segment

you just keep appending the rest of them..........

then you go to File >Save as, enter your desired file name and location, also making sure you select DIRECT STREAM COPY from the drop down menu below......

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,482
    All the popular video editing programs can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial - should be long enough to do what you want :D
    Sony Creative Software - Download: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
    Pinnacle Studio Ultimate version 14 Trial
    Adobe - Adobe Premiere Elements : 30-day trial

If you like any of them then they can be bought for not too much money - especially if you go for an older version.
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio v9 (now on v11) £10.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Vegas-...CTJE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325960132&sr=8-2
    Or v10 for £21.69 - Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum Suite (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software

Mark.