Free v+

• Thread starter Deleted member 188495
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188495

hello, how much are you playing for your v+ box? i have virgin tv xl, xl broadband, tv in another room, phonewith free weekends are evenings to home numbers. 50 pounds will i be able to get the v+ box for free? or will i have to pay that stupid 150 fee?

hi ive got the same stuff as u and yeah its £150 , sorry dude!

Yes but now you won't have to pay £15 monthly rental on XL so after 10 months it has paid for itself and you benefit after that.

That's nothing!

I signed up for my V+ box in March, before the £150 installation fee. Now I have to pay the extra £10 a month for it forever more!!!
I rang them up the other day and asked if I could pay them a 'lump sum' so that they could knock off the £10 a month. They told me that they were sorry but I cannot do anything about it. Mind you, as a good will gesture she gave me 6 months half price XL package. Atleast that's something. So in 6 months time I'll give them another ring and see what I can do then.
Stupid situation all this, but in roughly 6 months from now my 12 month contract will be up, so they will have to give me something to keep me happy, otherwise the V+ box goes back! ( I hope not though )

That's nothing!

I signed up for my V+ box in March, before the £150 installation fee. Now I have to pay the extra £10 a month for it forever more!!!
I rang them up the other day and asked if I could pay them a 'lump sum' so that they could knock off the £10 a month. They told me that they were sorry but I cannot do anything about it. Mind you, as a good will gesture she gave me 6 months half price XL package. Atleast that's something. So in 6 months time I'll give them another ring and see what I can do then.
Stupid situation all this, but in roughly 6 months from now my 12 month contract will be up, so they will have to give me something to keep me happy, otherwise the V+ box goes back! ( I hope not though )

See http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/v_plus.html
That shows you can pay a one off fee of 100UKP.

Tank

Quick question, by paying the "all yours £100" does this mean you have
to pay for call outs & parts etc. for a faulty box.?

I got my subscription for V+ down to £5 a month before Xmas, which I’m ok
with if I don’t have to pay for another box if my one goes boobs up.!!

Mark

I asked Virgin the same question and they stated callouts and parts are free. I think it also confirms that on their website somewhere too. If I find the page I will update this post with a link.

Mark

What happens if you have a V+ box because you used to subscribe to the service but now it only operates as a standard box?

What happens if you have a V+ box because you used to subscribe to the service but now it only operates as a standard box?

This has been answered before elsewhere. If you previously had a V+ and decided to stop paying for the V+ function (i.e. the £15 or £10 per month charge), the V+ would be left but with V Box-only function.

You effectively have a V box and if you want it to become a V+ again you have to pay the £150 charge.

I asked Virgin the same question and they stated callouts and parts are free. I think it also confirms that on their website somewhere too. If I find the page I will update this post with a link.

Ok had a look around about the "All yours deal", so the way I read it, the
charge for V+ is still there its only "included" on the XL package, so if you
are either on M or L it only drops to £5 a month, which is what I'm paying
already, so I could pay the £100 lose the £5 per-month but as it
reads still keeping some sort of warranty on the box.

And also it mentions if you are on a VIP package you still see the charge but
your total amount stays the same, so in theory they are keeping the charge
and discounting you somewhere else, there not Car Salesmen are they.??

Mark.

Mark

hi what number did you call by chance, can't afford the 100 at the moment but would not mind the reduction if i can get it.

hi what number did you call by chance, can't afford the 100 at the moment but would not mind the reduction if i can get it.

Initially I was looking to leave and go to sky+ they where doing a few deals
at the time Namely cheaper monthly Sky+ cost over the £15 monthly charge
Telewest wanted.

So when I did ring I was ringing to cancel, CS where initially un-helpful as in,
asking why I Wanted to cancel, upon my answer telling me they could do
nothing, which my reply was that’s Fine I only rung up to cancel. I got the
feeling they must have quite a few people ringing just To see what deals
they can get by threatening to move.

Once we got passed the, “so you want to cancel, you really really really
want to cancel” I got put through To there cancellation department which I
think may also be the retentions department, because they Bettered the deal
from Sky and ask me to stay.

What was also v.good of them was after the change over I was offered the
Free XL upgrade they had Going a few months back, which didn’t affect my
other discounts I already had.

Mark

frankly i don't know how they can get away with charging £150 for a box that's slow , unreliable ec, i could go on lol..

its a good bit of kit, its just a pitty virgin aren't putting the resources into the software side of it..

its been out over a year and a half and its still dogged with problems , what does that tell you.

theres no way i would recommend anyone pay £150 up front for it ..

Kev

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom