Free to air channels

pedro2000uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Currently broadcasting free to air on 19.2e is the TCM/ Cartoon Network channels on 11778 V in French but most in English on audio 2# ( from another forum).

This one does go FTA from time to time - makes a change from all those new movie channels- some old classics- even some vintage b/w:).

FTA ATM is MGM MC on 12610 H 9255 @ 10e

Classic Movies from MGM :smashin:

how do i find these? do i have to manual type the info in? i have a samsung tv with freeview built in...

They require a satellite dish, and a receiver, such as the Technomate, Technotrend, and Fortec in my signature.

Last edited:
how do i find these? do i have to manual type the info in? i have a samsung tv with freeview built in...

Mostly it's by motorised satellite - when a channel goes free to air- you just drive over to it - if you have a fixed dish with a single lnb or multiple lnbs to view 1 or several different satellites - if it's on one of those you can do the same - or even move a dish manually to the satellite.

Eurosport English fta .. on 13e

11645 H 27500 :smashin:

I did a manual scan on my VU+ Duo and it found the Eurosport channels as mentioned and selected ok to add them now I can't find them? When I go back to manual scan it says nothing found. So they must be somewhere, do I need to download an updated channel list?

Eurosport 2 has also appeared on the same tps:D

nice one- - wouldn't be a complete surprise that certain channels do better free to air in this climate - more viewers = more advertising etc.. could be temporary fta - time will tell

26e is looking increasingly attractive for loads of free sports channels btw - looks like they might be competing agaisnt each other like the free movies - Saudi Sports have their 6 channels in SD too now ... Dubai Sports 1-7* / the Al Kass & Kuwait sports channels are more useful atm - & Dubai Racing (unless Saudi Sports do buy some rights as they've said they will be)

*3's still on 13e afaiaa

TLC on 1w/ Thor .. 12380v 28000

Owned by the Discover Channel company - this one's a mix of Discovery type programs & general entertainment from the UK / US & Ausy etc.. ... all in English sub'd Romanian with their ads....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom