1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free to air channels with Sky? just the card

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by eas4uk, Nov 16, 2004.

1. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Can anyone tell me if Sky are still supplying their cards so that you can watch the free to air channels without any subscription to Sky and if so are they charging for this?

Many thanks for any comments

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You can watch free to air without a card. You can buy a card for free to view for £20 from Sky. If you have a subscription and cancel, your current card will still get free to view.

3. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Yup, thats correct. Ordered the card myself yesterday for £20. It is valid for three years and gets you the channels listed on their freesat website. The only ones of value to me wereITV, CH4 and CH5 which aren't normal freeview but hey, for £20 for three years, it's a bargain really.

Gerald. :thumbsup:

4. M@tt_UK

M@tt_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello bobcar.

So you are saying there is know need to buy a Freesat Card, if you are a current Sky subscriber and you cancel, your Sky Card will still pick up all the Freesat channels?

Funny thing was, I went to cancel Sky subscription last night, I knew they were going to make me give 30 days notice (£33 in my case) they offered me an instant transfer to the Family Pack at £13.50 for three months (normally £19.50) with no commitments, so for me it will now work out cheaper to have the Family Pack for a Month and then give Sky a months notice :)