Free Subscription with Sky+ Multiroom?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by George Harrison, Oct 1, 2005.

1. George Harrison

George Harrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. I’m looking at getting Sky+ installed and the Sky website has the offer of £49 but with multiroom. Now, I’m not interested in the extra £10 per month subscription. I know about the little secret with the cancellation department as was going to do this but I’ve just noticed the following on Sky.com:

And the Sky+ subscription is free if you have two Sky Premium channels (otherwise £10 per month).
    -- http://existing.sky.com/offers.asp

I’m on the Sky World package, therefore I shouldn’t be charged anything extra on my subscription.

Just wanted confirm before i call.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you have at least 2 SKY premium channels then they SKY+ sub is waived so if you con SKY into giving you a multiroom install without paying then you will only be paying for the original package (SKY World).

3. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think George thinks that his multiroom or Sky World package is going to be free. The Sky+ Subscription is £10 for people who don't subscribe to 2 premium channels (i.e. paying less than £28/£29 per month). If you have 2 or more premium channels, this £10 subscription is waived.

As you have the full package, you will be paying £43 + £10 for multiroom. If you're just getting Sky+, you'll just be paying the £43 per month.

Nujjy.

4. zico martin

zico martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I must be misunderstanding something here but does that mean that as I am subscribing to the family pack + the sports package I could be getting sky+ for the same monthly charge?

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

The SKY+ service requires a £10 a month payment ontop of any channel subscription however there is a deal that waives the £10 fee if you take at least two SKY premium channels.

That means if you take the SKY Sports MIX (SS1,2,3 and X) with anyother package mix you do not have to pay the extra tenner.
    So the only expense is the cost in upgrading from the standard digibox to SKY+ or multiroom (Which is a more heavily promoted), the deal favours new subscribers but many people on these forums have got "cheap" deals for a normal upgrade.