Free Sky+ Subs My Bottom!!

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was overjoyed to learn that SKY were doing away withe the £10 a month subscription for +.
Although now I find that if you only subscribe to premium channels can y9ou have it free.
I do not have extra channels so I have to keep paying the extra tenner.
Sorry but I feel robbed. And if I do subscribe to an extra channel it will work out more than I pay now.
This is yet another subtle rip off.

On the Plus side, if you excuse the pun, I love my SKY+.

YOu cant have it all

C

I thought it clearly stated that your require one of the premier subscription packages to get the free Sky+ subscription.

And why moan if it's costing less even with the extra £10?

I thought it clearly stated that your require one of the premier subscription packages to get the free Sky+ subscription.

Yeh it did.

Hey dude, we are all alowed to moan now and again.
It should be a free service and that is my opinion. I am not miffed with the service.
Unfortunately I don't watch the sports channels and I don't watch the movie channels, so why do I get penalised?
Nuff said.

I was on the Family pack and paying the extra tenner for two years, with this pricing stucture now in force I consider the extra £9.50 a month I am paying for SKYworld very good value for money.

I will not be surprised if sometime next year the sub is totally removed as this deal is totally down to marketing and non-sub STB's on Freeview. Those factors will not be going away and if anything will get stronger ofrcing SKY to push SKY+ to more subscribers. We

Hope so.
Just for my info, What is the SKy world pack?
Does this include sports and movies?
What I am now thinking is for an extra £4 I could have a new package and free + subs.. Is that how it works.
But then again I don't really watch movies off the telly, I prefer to watch them on DVD.

Originally posted by (GTV)Chris
Hope so.
Just for my info, What is the SKy world pack?
Does this include sports and movies?
What I am now thinking is for an extra £4 I could have a new package and free + subs.. Is that how it works.
But then again I don't really watch movies off the telly, I prefer to watch them on DVD.

SKYworld pack includes all the channels in the Family Pack plus SKY Sports 1,2,3 and Xtra and Sky Movies 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and SKY Cinema 1 & 2. You also get the Disney channels thrown in.

More Info

As long as you have at least two premium SKY channels you get the SKY+ sub waived, so pay £38 for SKYworld and nothing extra for SKY+.
I was paying £28.50 for the Family pack and SKY+, now I am paying £38 for SKYworld and SKY+. In the new year I might drop the movies for a few months but since I still subscribe to two premium channels (sports) I will still get the SKY+ sub waived.

I have an extensive DVD collection but there are still gems to be found on SKY, works for me (at least at these prices) but I do not rent DVD's which might be a factor for someone else when making a decision.

Ah, I see.
Ok, well it looks like I will have to pay the subs for+ or pay an extra tenner for the whole thing.
Although being a bit of a miser doesn't help :)
Cheers

C

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom