1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Sky Plus with Multiroom?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jedwards, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Jedwards

Jedwards
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

At long last i've ordered Sky Plus this morning. However, on the website it's stating that:

"And the Sky+ subscription is free if you have two Sky Premium channels (otherwise £10 per month)"

As I subscribe to the full package, does this mean that I don't have to pay the £10 per month that I was told I had to when ordering?

Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks!

J

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes, if you subscribe to 2 or more premium channels, the £10 a month is waived. There is still a £10 a month charge if you have 2 boxes in multi-room, though.

3. Jedwards

Jedwards
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks,

I'm just having one Sky plus box installed into the main room, & my existing box relocated to the bedroom. However, I just phoned up & they still claim I have to pay an extra £10 a month. I can't quite understand it?

4. the4biddenone

the4biddenone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you have Sky+ and another sky box in another room there are 2 charges £10 for the extra box (multiroom) and a further £10 for Sky+. As Nick_UK says if you have a premium package, Sky waiver the Sky+ subscription but you still have to pay for multiroom. I hope this helps as I am quite new to replying on this forum

5. Jedwards

Jedwards
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think thats what the guy at Sky was trying to say so I guess i'll have to pay the £10 a month. Just thought i'd double check.

Many thanks to you both...

6. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,170
    If you just want to view Sky in the other room, rather than having a 2nd subscription, just get a Sky Eye for £15 from Argos (or anywhere).

Do you just want to ability to change channel & view or do you want the capability to have 2 people viewing 2 different channels at the same time?