• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Free Sky for 10 days

weeman2

Just thought i would give people the heads up incase you have not had a letter yet.

Just got back from a round of golf,there was a letter from sky telling me:

"you might notice something different with your sky tv service.Thats because you'll have access to all channels,free for 10 days" (31 aug. to 9 sept.)

I have the 4 mixes + HD package.

Although it says "all channels" the HD Movie & Sports channels are still encrypted.

George

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Nice. Should be good to see a few HD movies.

But if this is anything like the last Sky offer, I would imagine most people will get the letter on the 9th September. :rotfl:

When they say all channels does that mean the dirty heathen channels? :D:devil:

My daughter has this offer and is currently watching all the movies etc

She has just had the basic £15 package installed so they are obviously trying to tempt her to trade up

She can't get HD either, but since she doesn't have an HD set that's not a problem

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Do you get "naughty" channels too? ;)

bobbymax

Got this offer too.:thumbsup:

I'm guessing I'll be wasting my time recording as many movies as I can for future viewing?:D

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Got this offer too.:thumbsup:

I'm guessing I'll be wasting my time recording as many movies as I can for future viewing?:D

Well don't record them on a Sky+ - you need a valid subscription to a channel to be able to watch recordings from it, and when your trial runs out you won't be able to watch them.

Kevosull

Well don't record them on a Sky+ - you need a valid subscription to a channel to be able to watch recordings from it, and when your trial runs out you won't be able to watch them.

Do I assume if you record them to sky+ and then copy/play & record to an external hdd/dvd recorder (still within the free time), when the free time expires, you'll still be able to view them on the external unit?

tks,

Kev

Clatter

Can I just confirm, is this offer for Sky HD or Sky+ users, or both?

I've not had a letter and not getting any extra's for free, so feeling a bit jealous.

12 promises

yeah ditto! i want the free goodness too!

i dont have a letter but surely SKY HD owners are also SKY+ users and should get the offer.
or is this to offset the offer that HD owners had last month of two free movies?

i have just checked and i dont have access to any channels other than those i subscribe to.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Do I assume if you record them to sky+ and then copy/play & record to an external hdd/dvd recorder (still within the free time), when the free time expires, you'll still be able to view them on the external unit?

tks,

Kev

Yes no problem - time/subscription restrictions can only be applied to Sky+ recordings, not those on external devices.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Do you get "naughty" channels too? ;)

There will only be access to Sky subscription channels - not those from other providers - adult channels, Asian channels, Setanta etc. They do not take the subscription money for these and have no right to give them away.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Can I just confirm, is this offer for Sky HD or Sky+ users, or both?

I've not had a letter and not getting any extra's for free, so feeling a bit jealous.

yeah ditto! i want the free goodness too!

i dont have a letter but surely SKY HD owners are also SKY+ users and should get the offer.
or is this to offset the offer that HD owners had last month of two free movies?

i have just checked and i dont have access to any channels other than those i subscribe to.

This offer would appear to be for new subscribers only (not existing ones) in an effort to tempt them into upgrading.

ozsat

tks,

Kev
You have to copy them before the free time expires

You have to be subscribed to a channel at the time you view it on Sky+ (even recordings)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom