Free Shipping at Secondspin.com - EXPIRED

Prufrock

Novice Member
Just got an email from Secondspin....free shipping until the 8th May. Email's below:

For one week only, get Free Standard or International Shipping on every order, no matter how big or small! Just use the promo code "FSMAY2" at checkout and save! But hurry - this offer ends 05/08/08! Start shopping and saving now!

Your friends at SecondSpin.com

www.secondspin.com

Anyway, go see what they've got....I've just placed two orders. :)

TechyObsessed

Novice Member
Scanner Darkly for $9.99? Amazing price for a great film. I paid a bit extra for mine.

Not in stock though.

EDIT: Just realised they're second hand. I personally wouldn't buy any second hand discs without seeing them first. :thumbsdow

The name's a bit of a giveaway.

Prufrock

Novice Member
Scanner Darkly for $9.99? Amazing price for a great film. I paid a bit extra for mine.

Not in stock though.

EDIT: Just realised they're second hand. I personally wouldn't buy any second hand discs without seeing them first. :thumbsdow

The name's a bit of a giveaway.

They had it in stock when I was on there ordering my stuff..only had 1 copy, though. I've never had a problem buying second-hand discs from secondspin. No different from wherehouse.com and the such like.

wherehouse.com also has free shipping at the mo.

http://www.wherehouse.com/

Use the code: FSMAY1

Ohh...
Lucky Number Slevin HD-DVD (new) for just over £5 delivered:

http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2688525

Clerks II HD-DVD (new) for just over £5 delivered:

http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2688658

If there is a problem with any of your discs from Secondspin they'll just send out a replacement. Excellent customer service and I always fill my boots with them when they run free shipping.
Last time I got Italian Job and Nacho Libre on HD from them and both were fine.

Peopleselbowpad

My two orders from Second Spin took about 2 1/2 weeks to arrive, all the boxes and disks as New.

Only thing that did concern me was the shipping package. The fact they used a box. I would say if you looked at a spindle of 50 blank discs they would have fit into this box which only had 2 HD DVD's inside. A little OTT and I would think it would be a bit of a red flag to customs purely down to the sheer size.

.hack

Novice Member
I ordered a DVD that was described as 'like new' on Amazon.co.uk by them, ordering it from the SecondSpin website since it was cheaper. It arrived in a cheap black case (the DVD that I purchased belongs to a series that all have HQ see-through cases), with the front and back of the cover ripped along the top.

I'm going to say it never arrived, try to get my £10 refunded (it's a rare DVD) and will use them again very rarely.

Edit: Since they have Vol. 12 of Saiyuki for $5.37 (series not out over here and I need the final volume) and Rumbling Hearts Vol. 1 for $2.97, both being plentiful in stock, I decided to have another go.

EDIT: Now I remember why I've never used Secondspin.com, their selection of HD-DVDs/BDs is rubbish.
They have 196 different HD titles in stock.
They have 211 Blu-Ray titles in stock.

They are not the same titles that we get over here for £4.99 in all the fire sales.

Exactly how many titles were you expecting?

bradavon78

Novice Member
They have 196 different HD titles in stock.
They have 211 Blu-Ray titles in stock.
Is that it?

That's not remotely close to how many discs are out there. Now try searching at Wherehouse.com and see how many they stock ;). Besides those numbers mean nothing if they don't stock the title you want. I searched Wherehouse.com for 15 titles and the majority of them were listed but at Secondspin only 2 are.

p.s - How did you find those numbers btw?

bradavon78

Novice Member
Thanks OP.

I managed to find Speed BD and went for that with free postage. The current wherehouse.com code is free postage but only over $70. I wonder if Secondspin and Wherehouse are owned by the same people? The sites are virtually identical in their layout, stock is different though.

One thing to note with Secondspin is their postage is $6 instead of $10 at Wherehouse.com.

Gromit

Novice Member
Thanks OP.

I wonder if Secondspin and Wherehouse are owned by the same people? The sites are virtually identical in their layout, stock is different though.
Secondspin, Wherehouse ans Spun are owned by the same company.

Try this:
Find a given title on Wherehouse and exchange "wherehouse" with "secondspin" in the Address line. Then do the same with "spun" ;)

Prufrock

Novice Member
FSMAY1 was for free shipping from wherehouse.com regardless of order size. That code was valid until the 8th May. Looks like it's now no longer valid, though.

Is that it?

That's not remotely close to how many discs are out there. Now try searching at Wherehouse.com and see how many they stock ;). Besides those numbers mean nothing if they don't stock the title you want. I searched Wherehouse.com for 15 titles and the majority of them were listed but at Secondspin only 2 are.

p.s - How did you find those numbers btw?
The difference in the numbers is that the Secondspin totals show only those titles that have used discs in stock. The Wherehouse also include those where they have only the new titles for sale. Which generates a much bigger figure.
I've never been interested in buying new stuff from them hence I only search for used DVDs, in stock, containing key phrase 'HD' which then generates just under the 200 mark.

Just bought Contract HD for $8.99 inc shipping!

Didn't know Wherehouse was the same company. I'm going to go away and play with their search engine see if I can get it to find any additional SACDs.

*Edit: The Wherehouse search engine is awful. A search for SACDs generates 2000 titles to look at - only 12 have used stock available!! The same search at Secondspin produces just those where second hand stock is available (also 12 this time) So I find Secondspin much easier to use if it's just cheap secondhand stuff you are after.*

Prufrock

Novice Member
That was super fast - orderd The Contract from Wherehouse.com on the 2nd...it arrived today! Quite amazed by that.

keesie8

Novice Member
My orders so far from SecondSpin:

Traffic CC 2 disc 9.97
Night of the Hunter 7
Paths of Glory 3.5
United 93 3.5
U2 Joshua Tree 5

Prufrock

Novice Member
Just used the code to order Silent Hill & Full Metal Jacket on Blu-ray for $33.98:thumbsup:

How quick are they at shipping?

Thanks to Prufrock for the heads up:clap:

I've found them to be fairly quick at shipping - they are the same company as wherehouse and spun.com.

bradavon78

Novice Member
Secondspin, Wherehouse ans Spun are owned by the same company.

Try this:
Find a given title on Wherehouse and exchange "wherehouse" with "secondspin" in the Address line. Then do the same with "spun" ;)
Thanks.

I thought that was likely but Wherehouse's HD Disc stock is much higher than Secondspin. Secondspin have very little, compared with Wherehouse.com.

Can the free shipping code be used for those sites to?
I don't think so but they both have their own codes regularly so it's no big deal.

I've never been interested in buying new stuff from them hence I only search for used DVDs, in stock, containing key phrase 'HD' which then generates just under the 200 mark.
Thanks. I've bought new stuff too as they have bargains there also. I'd prefer they list all stock that way I know they have it and I can use the "notify" function too.

What is the quality like of their 2nd hand Blu-rays?
Quality ranges between "clearly second hand, the odd glue residue from price labels" to "looking brand new".

This is in relation to the case/cover. I've always found the discs look brand new.

bradavon78

Novice Member
New offer:
Boy, we're doing a lot of sales lately! Why? Because you've told us you love 'em! So for one week only, buy any four CDs and we'll give you 20% off your ENTIRE order! That means you can order as many DVDs, Games and CDs as you want, and as long as you order four CDs, you'll get 20% off everything! Just use promo code "BUY4MAY16" at checkout. Hurry, though - this offer expires 05/22/08!
Source: E-Mail

They tend to go in cycles, meaning I imagine the the Free Postage code will be next. I'll wait until that comes along.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Thanks but doesn't work mate.

Brave One [Blu-ray] Used DVD 24.99
Deja Vu [Blu-Ray] Used DVD 17.99
Halloween [Blu-Ray] Used DVD 18.99
X-Men 3: The Last Stand [Blu-Ray] Used DVD 24.99

SecondSpin.com Promotion (BUY4MAY16)
(20% off your order when you buy 4 CDs!) ($0.00)

Looks to be applicable to only CDs.:confused:

jerrymac

Novice Member
New offer:
That means you can order as many DVDs, Games and CDs as you want, and as long as you order four CDs, you'll get 20% off everything!
Source: E-Mail

They tend to go in cycles, meaning I imagine the the Free Postage code will be next. I'll wait until that comes along.
Thats becuase you havent thrown 4 cds into the mix with your BD discs.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Then we should never call this a deal.:suicide:

bradavon78

Novice Member
Don't shoot the messenger :D. I'm just posting the deal. That is a poor deal though, the next one is bound to be better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

MBL brings high end Hi-Fi systems and speakers to UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku announces Streambar and adds Airplay to streaming devices
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day confirmed as 13-14th October
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm