Free-roaming games & studios

migok

Hello,

I am looking for Free-Roaming experiences / games.
I tried the Zero Latency freeroaming, that was really nice :)

Do you know any other free-roaming games, or development studio that create this type of experience ?

Your best bets for free roaming VR games are all PC VR games:

Skyrim VR
Fallout 4 VR
No Man's Sky
Elite Dangerous
GTA V VR Mod

Elite Dangerous isn't really a free roaming game in the traditional sense because you fly around in a spaceship rather than walking around but the others allow you to walk around wherever you want to go. 😁

SeaFirelIV

Fallout4 VR is my best free roaming game so far. But it does require some work to get it at its best.
Skyrim I expect to be my next sojourn. It runs well and doesn`t really need much work unless you want to mod it.
No Man Sky is actually quite amazing and is the only one I would really put among the likes of the above (except it`s not so much about role playing). I was hoping it would be turned into VR and was amazed when it was. It`s scope is huge and should keep one going for a long time and they`re still updating it to be better.
Elite Dangerous I`ve not played much in VR (just don`t have time and not a fan of needing to be constantly online). It`s ok. A bit of a grind, and it could use some "space feet" but you will LIVE space.
GTA V isn`t an actual VR though, it`s a jury-rigged VR, isn`t it? Which means a LOT of work, unless I`m mistaken.

Yup, the GTA V VR Mod is a Mod, but it's easy enough to do. You just copy a few files across if I'm remembering correctly. You can only play the game in single player though because otherwise Rockstar sees that you've altered the files and will give you a ban for cheating. Instructions here:

:D

I'm going to have to get back to No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous at some point, but I'm working my way through Skyrim VR at the moment. Such a great game when it's modded up to the eyeballs.

SeaFirelIV

Yup, the GTA V VR Mod is a Mod, but it's easy enough to do. You just copy a few files across if I'm remembering correctly. You can only play the game in single player though because otherwise Rockstar sees that you've altered the files and will give you a ban for cheating. Instructions here:

:D

I'm going to have to get back to No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous at some point, but I'm working my way through Skyrim VR at the moment. Such a great game when it's modded up to the eyeballs.
I never play GTAV Online anyway, so that would not be an issue for me. Thanks for the info.

Yea looking forward to modded SkyrimVR once I`m done with Fallout. I did try Skyrim VR early with the body mod thatt gave you a body in game, and wow, was that immersive, even with the not so great early Vive VR!

I used the Wabbajack VR Essentials Mod Pack, 400 mods and the guy that's put it all together has chosen Mods that all fit together nicely in terms of aesthetics.

The only downside is that it uses the IK Body Mod so the intro of the vanilla game is broken, so if you want to play the original storyline you select the campsite option from the Alternate Start Mod. This puts you at a campsite just outside the exit of that last cave of the intro with the spiders. To play the vanilla game from there you just pop into the cave and heal the guy that you first meet in the intro (can't remember his name now!) and the vanilla game continues from there.

I've been quite disciplined in this playthrough, usually I install some Mods, start playing, see some more Mods that I like the look of then have to start the game again lol πŸ˜‚

Since I installed Wabbajack I've been purposely avoiding Nexus like the plague (or COVID-19 πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚) so I don't get tempted lmfao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

SeaFirelIV

I used the Wabbajack VR Essentials Mod Pack, 400 mods and the guy that's put it all together has chosen Mods that all fit together nicely in terms of aesthetics.

The only downside is that it uses the IK Body Mod so the intro of the vanilla game is broken, so if you want to play the original storyline you select the campsite option from the Alternate Start Mod. This puts you at a campsite just outside the exit of that last cave of the intro with the spiders. To play the vanilla game from there you just pop into the cave and heal the guy that you first meet in the intro (can't remember his name now!) and the vanilla game continues from there.

I've been quite disciplined in this playthrough, usually I install some Mods, start playing, see some more Mods that I like the look of then have to start the game again lol πŸ˜‚

Since I installed Wabbajack I've been purposely avoiding Nexus like the plague (or COVID-19 πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚) so I don't get tempted lmfao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yep. I`m the same. I have to stay away from the Nexus or I get tempted to install yet another mod into Fallout4 and screw everything up. I have all I need now.

I`ll check out that Wabbajack mod when I get back to Skyrim.

I haven't gone into Modding Fallout 4 yet, but there's a VR Essentials Mod Pack for that too apparently. Not sure how many Mods there are though.

The only disadvantage to using Wabbajack is that you need to subscribe to Nexus to do so, but that only costs something like 8 quid per month and once you've done that and installed the Mods then you can unsubscribe to save you from paying any more cash.

You can of course choose not to do so, but this would involve you physically downloading and installing the 400 Mods for Skyrim VR rather than letting Wabbajack do it all automatically, so it's a small price to pay and I was personally meaning to donate a few quid to the site anyway because I've been using it for free since Modding Morrowind became a thing so it was about time that I gave them a little something back. 😎😁😎

SeaFirelIV

I haven't gone into Modding Fallout 4 yet, but there's a VR Essentials Mod Pack for that too apparently. Not sure how many Mods there are though.

The only disadvantage to using Wabbajack is that you need to subscribe to Nexus to do so, but that only costs something like 8 quid per month and once you've done that and installed the Mods then you can unsubscribe to save you from paying any more cash.

You can of course choose not to do so, but this would involve you physically downloading and installing the 400 Mods for Skyrim VR rather than letting Wabbajack do it all automatically, so it's a small price to pay and I was personally meaning to donate a few quid to the site anyway because I've been using it for free since Modding Morrowind became a thing so it was about time that I gave them a little something back. 😎😁😎
I didn`t know that. A subscription for a mod pack? That`s new to me. I`ve always downloaded mods individually using Vortex, easy enough. I am a supporter of the Nexus, but I`ve never subscribed to pay per month for a mod package and never will.

I didn`t know that. A subscription for a mod pack? That`s new to me. I`ve always downloaded mods individually using Vortex, easy enough. I am a supporter of the Nexus, but I`ve never subscribed to pay per month for a mod package and never will.
You're not subscribing for the Mod Pack. Like I've said you can manually download and install 400 Mods if you're too tight to pay the 8 quid or so, but it's going to take you A LONG TIME to manually install 400 Mods.

Even doing it automatically with the subscription takes over an hour. πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Fell free to install them all individually if you want, but make sure you have PLENTY of time on your hands. It'll take you DAYS. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You'll also need to use Mod Organiser 2 as well, I had to switch from my usual Vortex to MO2 to do all this but it wasn't a big deal.

SeaFirelIV

Ah, ok. I should read properly and not skim read. lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom