• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Free Remote With Sky Q

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Whos seen this? Just had ours delivered. Got it through SKY VIP.

MarkNorton1

Not seen this, just had a flick through Sky VIP but couldnt see it? Which remote is it?

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
It was on the VIP app. Cant get it through the box. When we ordered it said limited stock so didnt hold out much hope of getting one.

Its the newer voice remote for Sky Q boxes.

IMG20201105133942.jpg
IMG20201105133922.jpg

Last edited:

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Take a look here (Free sky Q voice remote) appears that it's not for everyone. I'm a platinum VIP and not got the offer. Rang Sky and they said it's expired.

Yeh were Platinum VIP as well. Strange that not all VIP's were invited.

Edit - the wife said were Diamond not Platinum. Not sure of the difference.

markb1980

I am Platinum and got the free remote through VIP

arenaman

I'm diamond and got nothing

arenaman

i’m diamond as well it said order confirmed but no email confirmation so will have to wait and see if It turns up
I've got a spare anyway to be fair so I'm not too fussed but might just keep an eye on the VIP offers in future

rob99

Confirmation just came through
got a couple of the the voice ones with a box swap couple of months ago engineer gave me a spare one this will complete the set for the last mini box

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the heads up. I went to my VIP Gold and redeemed.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
I still prefer the touch remote so have two, one as a spare. Each of my mini's has a voice remote so this new one will be a spare for those.

@jonnyMercUK I have a none voice remote if you want it? The battery cover doesnt clip on anymore but it still works fine. Just pay postage.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
I wanted to like the Touch Remote but I gave up on it. I have one in the drawer on its way to the bin. Together with multiple non voice remotes making their way out.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
I wanted to like the Touch Remote but I gave up on it. I have one in the drawer on its way to the bin. Together with multiple non voice remotes making their way out.

If the touch is working they go for good money on ebay.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
If the touch is working they go for good money on ebay.
Like over 40 quid? Unbelievable. I will get the missus to list it. Ta.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Like over 40 quid? Unbelievable. I will get the missus to list it. Ta.

Tell me about it. After my last one broke I bought a spare for around £30 brand new as I knew these would be harder to get in the future.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
I had a box replacement a couple of months ago. It came with a Touch and I told the engineer to sling it back in the van.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
I had a box replacement a couple of months ago. It came with a Touch and I told the engineer to sling it back in the van.

:eek: Well at least now you know :D

Bet the driver was rubbing his hands lol

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
:eek: Well at least now you know :D

Bet the driver was rubbing his hands lol
He took a while to drive off. He was probably listing.

jonnyMercUK

I still prefer the touch remote so have two, one as a spare. Each of my mini's has a voice remote so this new one will be a spare for those.

@jonnyMercUK I have a none voice remote if you want it? The battery cover doesnt clip on anymore but it still works fine. Just pay postage.

It's all good, but thank you anyway

anticlaus105

I got a free remote via VIP a few months back, so maybe I can't have it again. It doesn't matter as with all my recent box swaps I have a few spares anyway :D

D-an-W

I got the weekly email telling me to go request the new remote in the MySky app but it was nowhere to be found.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research launches Reference 80S power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett