Free Realms

Fmrl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Currently only available on the US Store but I'm guessing it'll come to the UK store pretty soon.

Basically it's Playstation Home with some fantasy/RPG elements ("At Home with the Pixies" :rolleyes::D). IMO, it's a bit of a joke that Sony call it "Free Realms", it's not long before you get badgered to become a member, or you try to access something and it takes you to the Playstation Store, etc. It seems like everything but access to the basic Free Realms world ends up costing money.

What's more annoying is that it creates trophy slots during install (and it takes a few hours to download all the updates :eek:), and it seems a lot of these trophies require a purchase of some form or other... if you're watching Sony, why don't you just sell us the trophies instead?!

If you like Home and regularly spend a lot of time (and money) on there then you might like Free Realms... I'm guessing there's not many people who are going to like it then :D

I installed it yesterday morning and it did just feel like 'PS HOME for kids'. I wandered about for a few seconds and got into a fight with robgoblins or something like that and it instantly turned my character into a ninja. The fight was so basic that it got boring very quickly. I wandered about for another few minutes after that, got into another fight with the same kind of enemies and after winning that I unlocked a ninja flame sword, tried to equip it and found out that I had to pay real money to equip the sword that I'd just won

Can't see this 'game' catching on at all

Popped onto Free Realms for a few minutes last night but got bored of it very quickly... I tried swearing at a few random strangers but the filter is VERY strict :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Saw someone riding a horse - I'm guessing that cost a few quid :facepalm:

Is there any way to delete "empty" trophy slots?

I've heard goood things about FR for a while. Has a huge following.
What do you expect as to the paying for a deeper experience angle?
Do you expect people who make and run these games should do so for free?

This system allows you to play and get a taste, and if you are into it you can pay for more.
For example, with Home, you get the basics then as you get into it you can buy some things to improve the experience.
I bought a new space, some games and an outfit.

I've heard goood things about FR for a while. Has a huge following.
What do you expect as to the paying for a deeper experience angle?
Do you expect people who make and run these games should do so for free?

Nope... but then why call it FREE Realms?

It's all very sanitized, family friendly, politically correct, etc. they should have called it Twee Realms. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom